Submission error in Field Maps

05-20-2021 04:11 AM
LouiseHarris1
New Contributor III

Hi

I am using Field Maps on an Android tablet and I am getting the following submission error, does anybody know why?

'Unable to submit - Service error code 1000'  

I don't know what Service Error Code 1000 is and can't find anything online to help.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Louise, can you give some more details on your situation? Like have you been able to submit other points on this map? Are you using maps offline or do you have a data connection? Is it a point, line, or a polygon? Have you tried closing and opening the app on your device (or tried restarting your device)?

0 Kudos
LouiseHarris1
New Contributor III

Hi Adrian

No I haven't been able to submit other points, previously when trying I had a different error that I have resolved but now get this error.  I'm not using offline maps, I'm trying to capture point data and I have closed and opened the app several times.

0 Kudos
FerdieRatum
New Contributor II

Have you tried creating areas? We also had submission errors when trying to add points offline but resolved them when we created areas.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I am not sure if this helps or not but I found this article:

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/error-handling-with-sync-operations...

Regarding error code 1000, it mentions this:

How to address the errors: These errors can be caused by something as simple as the server going offline. In this case, running the synchronize process again at a later time when the server is up is all that's needed. Under other circumstances, the errors can indicate a more complex problem. In these cases, a service administrator can get more information by checking the server logs.

What the client should do: The sync API is designed to be fault tolerant, so attempting to resynchronize is usually a safe option. If the problems persist, you may need to work with the service administrator to diagnose the problem.

0 Kudos
PaulCyr1
New Contributor III

I get this error message when a user attempts to submit a new point but that point already exists. I get a SEVERE error in the ArcGIS Server log that shows all the details related to the error. Cannot insert duplicate key row with unique index and this is the exact behavior we are looking for. If the user wants to modify the point they must select the point and edit it, not try to create a new pt that already exists.

0 Kudos
RobinHoughton
New Contributor II

Not sure if you've managed to resolve this, but I've just encountered the same thing- it turned out to be related to a field that had been removed.

When performing the same action on the web map on desktop, it gave an error indicating it was unable to find that particular field. I resolved by simply adding the field back in but removing visibility from the layer in the web map/field maps form. This is a less than ideal workaround, but does resolve the error.

Digging into the layer properties through every avenue I could think of did not show the field to be still present to cause the error, so it seems to be a back-end data caching issue.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks Robin. I have not revisited this issue since the design team that I made the app for kind of gave up quickly on the app due to it not delivering. I am bookmarking this thread so I can come back to it to see this note!

0 Kudos
VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

I'm getting an error when I try to attach photos within Field Maps , is anyone else experiencing this? 

0 Kudos
BrandonGuo
Occasional Contributor

I got this error code, after deleting a field. Can't add any new point through the edit widget either.