Select to view content in your preferred language

Sketch/Markup - Possible for the sketch/markup to appear on saved map rather than local device?

08-27-2024 05:49 AM
elpinguino
Frequent Contributor

Hi Field Mappers,

We're rolling out Field Maps and one of the team leads asked if this was possible:

In the morning meeting when we all sit around the computer screen and look at the plans for the day/what we did yesterday is it possible for me to open up the Field Map we will all use that day and draw/circle the areas each person will work in so when each operator is out in the field that day they can open up Field Maps on their phone and see the area I've assigned to them?

From what I've read any mark up or sketch is saved locally to the device not in the Field Maps/web map it was created in. I see with markup you can share it as an image, .markup and open it in Field Maps or in ArcPro. It would be icing on the cake if the request above is possible (with only the team lead having the capability to delete or remove these drawings).

Tags (3)
2 Replies
LizArmstrong
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

The personal markup tool does not currently have the ability to be managed at that level for all the workers. It is something that a mobile worker can create on their device, stored locally.

However, we do have some new functionality coming called "Field Tasks" in Field Maps. With this tasking capability, you will be able to organize and coordinate areas of work for your crew. If you're interested in chatting with us about your field team coordination needs and testing it out while in development, please contact me at arcgisfieldmaps@esri.com

Thanks, 

Liz

elpinguino
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your reply Liz. I have emailed you.

0 Kudos