Signatures in Field Maps?

05-03-2021 04:48 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Can you create signatures in the forms like you can in Survey123?

If it is not possible, what is the best way to pre-populate a Survey123 form link (which would be opened up via a polygon pop-up in Field Maps) in a TABLET?

I want to carry over the GUID from the polygon to the Survey123 form to be filled out in a TABLET.

I've found you can do this through the form widget in Experience Builder, but the team is out in the field half the time and needs to be able to do this not in a web browser/offline.

3 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @elpinguino ,

You can add a comment to this existing idea for adding Signature field support in Field Maps. For your workaround, you can add a URL to the Polygon feature popup in Field Maps that calls out to Survey123 and can pass attributes to the form. Take a look at the Survey123 documentation on what parameters they support. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
JonathanTraut
New Contributor II

Hi @ColinLawrence

We have a need to incorporate signatures in Field Maps, but without having to introduce another application such as Survey123. I recall the intention for signatures to be introduced, but there appears to be no progress on this capability.

Any indication on introducing this capability in the near future as we have an urgent need for such functionaliity without having to resort to a kludge.

Many thanks

Regards

Jonathan

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

We are waiting on some underlying support from the Runtime in order to be able to implement this functionality. We should be able to support this when an updated version is available to us in the mid-term timeline so later into next year. I hope this helps!

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos