Sideloaded basemap not visible in Field Maps

Jump to solution
05-03-2021 12:16 AM
FerdieRatum
New Contributor II

After successfully sideloaded a .tpkx basemap in Field Maps, the thumbnail of the basemap is visible from the menu but when tapped, the main screen becomes blank (white). When the Default basemap is tapped, it returns to normal (please see attached screen shots). Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

It sounds like the tiles might not have fully generated or perhaps the tiling scheme does not match your map (did you use the ArcGIS Online/Bing Maps/Google Maps tiling scheme? I think its the default). Try rebuilding the .tpk and see if you have the same issue.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @FerdieRatum ,

What is the spatial reference of the .tpkx that is not loading? Does the .tpkx display when loaded by into Pro? It will also be good to verify the tiles are visible at the current scale you are viewing at.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
FerdieRatum
New Contributor II

Hi Colin, the original spatial reference was WGS84 UTM Zone 51N but I also projected it to WGS84 Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere. But still, the sideloaded .tpkx basemap doesn't appear in Field Maps. I packaged it using Pro but yes, you're right, the .tpkx doesn't appear when loaded in Pro. I guess it could be due to configurations like levels of detail and map areas, but maybe I'm just confused. When I share the .tif image as a hosted tile layer it works fine, but we want it to be sideloaded because of internet bandwidth problems (download failures). Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

It sounds like the tiles might not have fully generated or perhaps the tiling scheme does not match your map (did you use the ArcGIS Online/Bing Maps/Google Maps tiling scheme? I think its the default). Try rebuilding the .tpk and see if you have the same issue.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
FerdieRatum
New Contributor II

Thanks Colin, the Create Map Tile Package was not completed. Although the progress bar showed 100%, I had to wait for another 20 minutes for the process to complete. Rebuilding the .tpkx solved the problem.