Restrict editing to related record only; not allow adding new features to parent layer?

Jump to solution
04-15-2022 10:02 AM
Caitlin_Todd_LCOR
New Contributor III

Hello all, 

I'm hoping this functionality is available in ArcGIS FieldMaps and I'm just missing where to configure it.

I have a 1:M feature layer between Sites and Inspections. I'm developing a map for field crews to go out and add new inspection records to sites. BUT, I cannot allow them to add/delete/update locations of sites. 

I tried restricting editing to only allow for attribute updates, but that also removes the ability to add new related records in the inspection table.

Is this workflow possible in ArcGIS FieldMaps right now? Is it on the roadmap sometime in the near future?

Thanks!

Caitlin

12 Replies
Caitlin_Todd_LCOR
New Contributor III

Found a bit of a catch 22, any form expressions on the parent layer won't fire if there was an edit on the related record. So the parent layer would need to be editable for at least attributes only. Then the user would have to edit the parent point, wait for the form calc to run, then submit the edit. 

SvenBuchmann
New Contributor II

In case someone else comes across this issue and wants to deactivate editing of the parent Layer: Select the parent layer in Map Viewer and disable Editing under Properties. In Map Viewer Classics click on the three dots next under the parent layer and disable Editing

StefanUseldinger
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks! It seems, that this option is missing for (related) tables. So I added the property manually in the map config:

"capabilities": "Query",

0 Kudos