Related Table field renaming on pop up

06-16-2022 11:20 PM
JamesHolland
New Contributor II

Hello all,
bit new to working with related tables and fieldmaps and had a question. Is there a way I can change the name of the field on the pop up side of the equation in fieldmaps/arcgis or would i have to remake the related table with the updated name?

I have already tried renaming the field alias on the ArcGIS desktop side of things thinking it would flow across into FieldMaps.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigM
by
New Contributor

Though you can't change the underlying field NAME without republishing your data to the feature service, you can change the ALIAS. You'll need to do that directly in AGOL by navigating to your content, go to the Data page, then going in to edit the field information. If you have any hosted views, you'll likely need to delete them first before changing the alias as having one might prevent editing the field info. 

0 Kudos
JamesHolland
New Contributor II

Just to confirm that's to the base layer the related table is attached to? If so looks like ill have to have to go the deleted hosted views route as there isnt an edit option on the base layer. 

For context i am tracking inspection results for mosquito breeding sites over time. Structure is:

Base Layer
Related Table to base layer 
Inspections table that ties into Related table and pulls location information from base layer to track inspections over time

0 Kudos
JamesHolland
New Contributor II

Managed to affect the change I was after. Opened the map that contained the base layer and the related table and configured the pop up with a custom label for that field.

0 Kudos