"Editing of the content is disabled." Error for Related Table in Field Maps

06-06-2022 11:54 AM
CharlieFredericks1
New Contributor

Hello! 

I am working with traffic sign maintenance app within Enterprise and published from Pro. I have two point layers, one for signs and one for posts; each point layer has a related table (and relationships) to track maintenance activities and the tables are set up exactly the same, named "Sign Activities" and "Post Activities". When I go to set up the form in Field Maps, I can create a form for both tables. However, the "Post Activities" table is greyed out and gives the error, "Editing of the content is disabled." (See TableDisabled-FieldMaps.jpg screenshot). The "Sign Activities" table (and form) work perfectly in the Field Maps web and phone app, however, the the "Post Activities" table does not appear in the phone app at all (See PhoneApp_RelatedTableNotAppearing.jpg screenshot). 

I have been unable to find any other posts citing the same issue, and those that were similar did not solve the issue, so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks! 

5 Replies
gradstudent527
New Contributor II

Have you created everything within the fieldmaps/arcgis online vs creating a map in Arcpro uploading it and then adding tables ect? I ran into a similar issue with feature classes not appearing and it was because I was adding them to maps I created in Arc Pro and shared as online maps then added my feature layers to.

Have you enabled offline for everything? could it be a possible issue with that?

0 Kudos
JasonKerby
New Contributor II

I am having exactly the same problem. I am pretty sure I solved it before, but have no recollection on the specifics. I created the map and tables in Pro then shared to AGOL. WFL settings show editing enabled for the entire feature layer, but 2 of the many tables have the "editing of the content is disabled" status. Don't suppose you surmounted this one and can share? Once I've got it licked, I'll post an update.

0 Kudos
JasonKerby
New Contributor II

So, it turned out that the two tables which were not editable (and so not configurable in Field Maps) did not have relationship classes established. Once I created the relationship classes, the tables became reachable for editing and all is well.

Rob_Gordon_NE
New Contributor III

@JasonKerby I have been struggling with this for hours and your post was the solution using ArcPro - Thanks! However.. is this entire functionality actually missing from ArcGIS Online natively??? Considering this is the basis for all field maps use I am not sure that can be correct.

I have created layers with tables from scratch and created separate hosted layers and hosted tables and there just isn't a way to make it work. They stubbornly stayed greyed out (not editable) in the fieldmaps forms designer. I am wondering if this is a bug, feature, or feature yet to be implemented.

0 Kudos
JasonKerby
New Contributor II

Glad it was helpful!

I've still got a number of questions myself regarding relationships between hosted layers and tables. This the only way I know. I've seen some discussion that makes me think there is a way to establish the relationship by editing the service definition, but I'm not sure. I am also confounded by the cardinality of these relationships in the hosted environment. I had established a 1:1 relationship class in ArcPro then published to AGOL. A user created multiple tabular records for a few features using FieldMaps which I did not think should have been possible. It seems that regardless of the original relationship class, AGOL uses 1:M. 

0 Kudos