Select to view content in your preferred language

"Can't go to Location"

Wednesday
CelinaR
New Contributor II

Hello, I have field users set up with an offline Field Map and sideloaded imagery tile package. They are currently able to find a specific property via search, but the app gives the message "can't go to location" and will not zoom to the searched property like usual.

Testing with a mobile device in airplane mode, all works as expected - search and zoom are operational. There must be a setting that I'm missing...thank you for any advice!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@CelinaR are the properties they are searching within the extent of the sideloaded basemap? The map view is restricted base on the extent of the basemap in the map when taken offline and you would expect a message like this if a location/feature fell outside of the bounds of the offline area. I would assume this is not the case if you cannot reproduce the same thing in offline mode but its worth double checking. Also, what devices is this happening on and what is the search parameter being used (address, attribute, etc?)

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
CelinaR
New Contributor II

@ColinLawrence I may need to rebuild the sideloaded imagery tile package because that's the only thing "new" in this scenario, and it also is not loaded on the device I used to test in airplane mode because there's not enough room (it's 33GB). I built the tpkx at the full extent of our county but it sounds like something may have gone wrong there. 

The mobile devices being used are iPads, searching for tax parcel ID #'s.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

The mobile devices being used are iPads, searching for tax parcel ID #'s.

And the layer with the parcel IDs is set up for search, correct? I would just want to make sure its not latching on so some coordinates or address that would fall outside of the extent. Things do seem to point to the tpkx as the culprit however we cant rule out the app incorrectly showing this error for some reason. If you happen to have an Android device available to test if the error can be replicated on that device, it might help complete the picture. 

I would review the tpkx extent and also the ensure all of the scales/levels have been built. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
CelinaR
New Contributor II

Conclusion: updating Field Maps to the latest version has eliminated the location message. Some users hadn't updated since version 21.1.0.