Pop-ups in Field Maps not honouring web map setting

Jump to solution
12-10-2020 07:51 PM
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Has anyone else had any issues with the pop-ups in the Field Maps app not honouring whats been set in the webmap?

I have a webmap in Enterprise 10.7.1 with a custom pop-up set on a layer. When I open this map in Field Maps, the pop up is just a list of attributes. Its ignoring the custom pop up completely. Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

31 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@MarkEastwood The only solution for now is to not use pop-up elements in your pop-ups. From a practical standpoint that means using Map Viewer Classic to author/edit pop-ups. We are aware of this limitation. Unfortunately it doesn't look we'll get to this for our Spring 2022 release - other higher work is taking precedence. Hopefully for our Summer 2022 release the newer pop-ups will be supported.

MJhendo
New Contributor

Hi Aaron, any updates on this one? The solution you present with only using Map Viewer Classic for pop-ups conflicts with Smart Form configuration (unsupported if save in classic), which is essential for our projects. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@MJhendo Are you using Online or Enterprise?  If Enterprise, which release of Enterprise?

Craig

0 Kudos
MJhendo
New Contributor

Enterprise version 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MJhendo Can you clarify why 

"The solution you present with only using Map Viewer Classic for pop-ups conflicts with Smart Form configuration (unsupported if save in classic), which is essential for our projects."

The form should not be cleared or lost when saving the map using Map Viewer Classic in Enterprise 10.9.1 - if you are seeing the form be cleared or lost, please let me know so I can try and reproduce it.

0 Kudos
MarkEastwood
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @Anonymous User !

0 Kudos
RichMoore
New Contributor II

Also having this issue, also don't want to lose work by starting over with "Classic" to fix it. 

Concur about getting this fixed before too long.

0 Kudos
SterlingLoetz
New Contributor III

I am seeing this issue as well and would be a huge pain to go recreate in Classic! Hoping for a fix soon.

0 Kudos
BrookeAumann
New Contributor III

A potential workaround, until pop-ups are honored in Field Maps, is to use the text editor function to create something.

BrookeAumann_0-1660581600269.png

0 Kudos
NataliaKaszkowiak
New Contributor II

It would be great if this issue was fixed sooner than later.
In our case, pop up is used to gather information that, then allows to fill up the form correctly. It looks like the pop-up reflects all visible fields in the table while in the overview tab of the layer. 
Edit: I was able to edit the pop-up in the Classic as the owner of the layer (was missing that bit previously). This worked fine and the form was NOT reset. Follow instructions from previous page link, this works. 

0 Kudos