Select to view content in your preferred language

Offline area download time out

01-31-2024 09:19 PM
Blevins_Mark
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone experienced trying to download offline area to a device, the download gets like 98% of the way , then just kind of stops, then eventually times out for lack of a better phrase, with no error message. Have tried multiple different devices with same result.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

This isn't the best answer but I have not had the best success with downloading offline areas. One giant no-no that learned was that, if the basemap had a vector tile layer in it (like street map or imagery hybrid), it will not work at all and give no indication of it not working. So I guess one thing to rule out is, what kind of basemap is it trying to download an offline area for?

Blevins_Mark
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replying. I’m using the world imagery for export tiled base map.

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=226d23f076da478bba4589e7eae95952

it will work if it’s a map with just the base map, so I think field maps doesn’t like one of the layers in the map that is failing to download. Going to trouble shoot today. Thanks.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

That sounds like a good plan! To me, it's a hit-and-miss game!

0 Kudos
Blevins_Mark
Occasional Contributor

EXTREMELY hit and miss...

0 Kudos
argo
by
New Contributor II

I recently had a similar issue with a map that I had duplicated then saved as new in Field Maps Designer.  The Map Area failed to download to my mobile device.  I ended up rebuilding the map in ArcPro, used the imagery basemap, my site boundary, and a couple other polygon site features.  Went through the Analyze routine and resolved a couple errors, then pressed Share as web map.  Then I re-did the Map Area in Field Maps Designer, loaded it to the iPad, and the new web map downloaded perfectly.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos