Nobody except the author can see field map

Jump to solution
01-07-2021 07:23 AM
FlorianTubbesing
New Contributor II

Hey,

i tryed to share my Field Maps App created in AGOL within my organisation but nobody except myself is able to see or use the shared application. I´ve tryed the share option in the map view of Field Maps and inside the editor but nothing works.

What i´ve done wrong or is this an actual bug?

Thanks for replies.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FlorianTubbesing
New Contributor II

I figured out a solution working for me. I´ve created a Field Maps Group in my Organisation and share my content in this group. After that the group members are able to see and work with my map in the Field Maps Mobile App on Android.

The target of my test is a solution for one of our customers who wants to check road conditions in there administrative area. So they have multiple fieldworkers with tablets which use the map outside and one administrator in the office who control the data. So for me it is absolutely fine to allow only administrators to view/configure all the maps in the web application.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How are you checking that your map is accessible other people in your org?

The Field Maps web app only shows maps that you own, so if other people are using the web app they will not see the map you shared.

If you used the Field Maps Mobile apps the people in your org should see it in the list of maps.

FlorianTubbesing
New Contributor II

Hey Aaron,

i checked it on an Android Smartphone from a colleague in my organisation with the Field Maps Mobile app. So i think it should be working.

It´s also irritating because in Field Maps Mobile the header says "Own Maps". There is no possibility for e.g. "shared maps" or "organisation maps".

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The only other thing I can think of is that somehow those maps are explicitly hidden in Field Maps using the toggle on the Overview tab. If that's not the issue, I'd suggest reaching out to customer support to help debug it further since we have not had any other reports of this.

We are planning to support at least allowing administrators to view/configure all maps in the web app. What would you like to do, in the web app, with maps that you don't own?

0 Kudos
FlorianTubbesing
New Contributor II

I figured out a solution working for me. I´ve created a Field Maps Group in my Organisation and share my content in this group. After that the group members are able to see and work with my map in the Field Maps Mobile App on Android.

The target of my test is a solution for one of our customers who wants to check road conditions in there administrative area. So they have multiple fieldworkers with tablets which use the map outside and one administrator in the office who control the data. So for me it is absolutely fine to allow only administrators to view/configure all the maps in the web application.

0 Kudos