No Filter Related Types option?

Jump to solution
05-25-2021 09:34 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There does not seem to be any option to toggle Filter Related Types like in Collector.  Is this coming?

I have a bit of a weird on where I need a Many to 1 relationship.  It is to simulate multipart where multiple lines have a single table record with answers to form questions.  I need Field Maps for the geometry part since it is better than 123 with that and then I need 123 for the form questions since it is better at that.  I just cannot get my form to do what I want in Field Maps Form builder.

But when I create a 1:M the parent has to be the 1.  I can flip it when creating it but I want the geometry to be the Many - which means Field Maps blocks me from creating it since the geometry is really the child.

Sometimes we add geometry first and sometimes we do the form questions first.  I can pass keys using URLs and skip the RC but then I cannot use Show related records at all.

Open to other ideas also.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@DougBrowning as part of the most recent Field Maps release we moved the Show related types setting into the Field Maps web app such that map authors can define whether this capability should be available in a given map.  Here's the help topic on how to accomplish this for ArcGIS Online.

As an aside, we do recognize that some ArcGIS Enterprise customers won't have access to this so we are reintroducing these in the mobile app as part of our upcoming June release.  This will also be available in the upcoming beta release later this week.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DougBrowning ,

We have plans to bring this setting in to Field Maps this in the near future. It should be available in the next release in the coming months. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@DougBrowning as part of the most recent Field Maps release we moved the Show related types setting into the Field Maps web app such that map authors can define whether this capability should be available in a given map.  Here's the help topic on how to accomplish this for ArcGIS Online.

As an aside, we do recognize that some ArcGIS Enterprise customers won't have access to this so we are reintroducing these in the mobile app as part of our upcoming June release.  This will also be available in the upcoming beta release later this week.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Setting by map would be great!  I have one project where I really want to filter and one where I do not want to filter.  I was worried about that.

For now I am calling the relationship a 1:M but adding records like it is a M:1 and it works fine when it is a simple RC.  Lets see how much trouble I can get into with that.

Thanks

0 Kudos