My tracks unavailable on iOS

12-09-2022 10:31 AM
LoryGonzalez
New Contributor II

Hi there.

As of yesterday I've come to realize that in field maps the "my tracks" toggle is missing when using an iOS device. However, it is still available for android devices. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a setting or update that changed this?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LoryGonzalez ,

Is the My Tracks map missing or the toggle within the map card? If the map/map card is not there at all it means the user does not have a Tracker license (or Location Sharing user type extension which is replacing the Tracker license). If the toggle is deactivated then there is something wrong with the way the location tracking service is shared with that user. The behavior should be uniform across platforms.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
LoryGonzalez
New Contributor II

Hi @ColinLawrence, Thank you for your reply. The toggle is missing from the map/map card. I did verify the license was still valid. However, I did log in to both iOS and android with the same account and the toggle for tracking is available on android but not iOS. 

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Ive never seen the toggle missing. Can you provide a screenshot for me?

Also, please let me know what device you are using and the current OS version. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lory,

I had something similar happen to some of our users with location sharing (tracking) enabled. Have you updated to the latest Field Maps app on your iOS device? When our users installed the latest version, the My Tracks toggle came back.

Hope this helps.

Nick

0 Kudos
LoryGonzalez
New Contributor II

Hi @nspittlemeister_LCFPD ,

Yes, actually my iOS device updated this morning. We also tested deleting Field Maps all together and then re-downloading the app unfortunately still no change. 

0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Hmm, interesting. Did you check to see if fitness tracking got turned off by the iOS update?

0 Kudos
LoryGonzalez
New Contributor II

Yes, all settings are the same as before.

0 Kudos
Kohl_Haessly
New Contributor

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I don't have an android to test, but the my tracks toggle is missing from my iOS device. I have enabled location sharing and updated my Field Maps app. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on your device? Also, please let me know what device model you are using and the iOS version. Thanks!

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos