Map "unable to open. Width must be 0 or grater"

Jump to solution
02-15-2022 05:05 AM
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi, can anyone help with this issue. I have got a couple of maps that will not open on Field Maps (or on Collector). They are similar in setup to all the other maps which do open and work fine. When trying to open the map, I get the message: "Unable to open width must be 0 or greater.

Screenshot with message also attached.

I can't see any posts with this issue but I'm hoping someone will know the reason.

Thank you

0 Kudos
25 Replies
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi @CraigGillgrass  - I think what went wrong is that the two bottom layers I had given them the same name in ArcMap when I published the service (Phase 1 Habitats (Areas)). I did rename them already in AGOL but I don't think this has fixed it. I think I have to re-name them in ArcMap before publishing, which I am about to test. I have changed the names back in AGOL to what they were when they raised the error and it all should look the same in the webmap as when I came here with the question, so please feel free to access it and continue to investigate.

Thanks again for your help,

Rafa

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi again @CraigGillgrass.

I have managed to fixed the issue - it was not caused by the two layers being shared with the same name. The layer that was causing the problem was setup in a GDB as a Feature Class where the field SecondaryHab is an integer with subtypes. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I have created the Feature Class again from blank and recreated the fields, subtypes, etc. and it is working now in AGOL/Field Maps.

However, I have found a new issue, unrelated to the original, but since you have access to the webmap and feature layers can you please have a look? All layers in the webmap have pop-ups with a hyperlink to Survey123. I have tested it and I see that the parameters I'm passing from Field Maps to Survey123 are not shown in the form (PrimaryHab, SecondaryHab, FeatureID and Notes). This link has worked before and now suddenly it isn't (This doesn't affect the link in the hedgerow layer popup). The Webmap, Feature Layers and Survey123 form should all be accessible - could you please have a look, or tag another member of staff who takes on this sort of query, so I can grant them access?

Thank you.

Rafa

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @RafaeldePedro I'm not able to open the map in the Troubleshooting group; not sure if there's another map I should be using?

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

@CraigGillgrass  I don't know why that's happened. I haven't moved the map anywhere. I include a screenshot of the contents in the Troubleshooting group. The map TEST_Phase1_v6_RevB is there and should be accessible. It's the one with the original error which is now fixed (in a different map, not in the Troubleshooting group). But both the new map and the original Rev B map with the faulty layer contain the popup and hyperlink that opens a Survey123 form with missing information.

RafaeldePedro_0-1646305227143.png

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm unable to open the map in Field Maps; I see the invalid argument error on iOS.  I'll need access to the map in Field Maps in order to test this out.

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

@CraigGillgrass I'm very sorry - I haven't done any changes -at least intentionally- to any of the elements in the Troubleshooting group that should affect access to it. What would cause this invalid argument error?

I will try to create a copy/new map with the same Survey123 hyperlink issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

@CraigGillgrass hi again - still, not sure why you wouldn't be able to access it the map on Field Maps. Nothing had changed as far as I know. However, I have shared new content in the Troubleshooting group you're member off. A new set of layers and three webmaps (all the same really, just slight revisions/variations), all of which present the same issue of the faulty behaviour when invoking Survey123 via hyperlink.

Can you please check if you have access to any of these maps on Field Maps, in order to investigate the problem with the missing values on Survey123?

Thanks again,

Rafa

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RafaeldePedro it looks like you have a few extra spaces " " in the url you're using to open Survey123.  I removed them and setup a new url in for the ag1 polygon and saved a copy of the map as Troubleshooting_Phase1_B-Copy.

It appears to be working for me; but I don't know what should be passed.  I do see that in the Survey, the Type of form is pre-populated and Habitat description is selected.

Craig

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

@CraigGillgrass thank you for all your help so far. I'm sorry that this is dragging - however it is still not working and I don't know what to do to fix it. I could not see the spaces in the url you are referring to, and I couldn't see the Phase1_B-copy map either.

The hyperlink does work, to an extent. It does open a new Survey123 form, and in the first page, it is like you say pre-populated with the option "Habitat Description". The problem comes in the next page, where there should be four fields pre populated, but instead, they all come empty.

• 'PrimaryHabitat' or Primary Habitat,
  • 'SecondaryHabitat' or Specific Habitat,
  • 'FeatureID' or Habitat ID Number and
  • 'Collector Notes' or ArcGIS Collector Habitat Notes.

These are the names and labels, respectively, on the Survey123 xlsx form.

See below for the popup content and the hyperlinks that I assign to each layer in the map - this is what I have used before, but now it just doesn't work anymore. 

FIELD MAPS/COLLECTOR POP UPS

Phase 1 AREAS, Phase 1 LINES and Phase 1 POINTS
{PrimaryHab}
{SecondaryHab}
{FeatureID}
go to Survey123

Water LINES
{FeatureType}
{FeatureID}
go to Survey123

Hedgerow LINES
Hedgerow {FeatureID}
go to Survey123

SURVEY123 HYPERLINK

Phase 1 POINTS, LINES and AREAS (Phase 1 Survey123 Form)
arcgis-survey123://?itemID=INSERT_SURVEY_ID&field:Type_of_form=Habitat_description&field:FeatureID={FeatureID}&field:PrimaryHabitat={PrimaryHab}&field:SecondaryHabitat={SecondaryHab}&field:Collector_notes={Notes}

Water LINES (Phase 1 Survey123 Form)
arcgis-survey123://?itemID=INSERT_SURVEY_ID&field:Type_of_form=Habitat_description&field:FeatureID={FeatureID}&field:PrimaryHabitat=Aquatic&field:SecondaryHabitat=None&field:Collector_notes={Notes}

Hedgerow LINES (Hedgerow Survey123 Form)
arcgis-survey123://?itemID=INSERT_SURVEY_ID&field:Type_of_form=Habitat_description&field:Hedgerow_No={FeatureID}

Once again, thank you for your help. If there is anyone else in ESRI that might be interested in looking at this please let me know so I can add them to our Troubleshooting group. Equally, if this should be now part of a different post, please also let me know and I will create a dedicated post for this issue.

Thank you,

Rafa

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@RafaeldePedro this sounds like it's best solved by someone on the Survey123 team whose familiar with their url scheme; I think that might be where the problem lies.  I'm wondering if @JamesTedrick or @ZacharySutherby can take a look.  If this ends up being a Field Maps issue, they can reach out to me to re-engage.

0 Kudos