Map "unable to open. Width must be 0 or grater"

Jump to solution
02-15-2022 05:05 AM
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi, can anyone help with this issue. I have got a couple of maps that will not open on Field Maps (or on Collector). They are similar in setup to all the other maps which do open and work fine. When trying to open the map, I get the message: "Unable to open width must be 0 or greater.

Screenshot with message also attached.

I can't see any posts with this issue but I'm hoping someone will know the reason.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue seems to be with the second last layer in your map; TEST_RevA_Phase1_LAYERS - Phase 1 habitats (Areas).  When I remove that layer, I can open the map in Field Maps.

I'm not sure what's wrong with that layer - but wanted to post this in case you could see what the issue is.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @RafaeldePedro

Please feel free to add ZSutherby_Survey123 to the group and I'll be happy to assist with taking a look into the behavior. To confirm are you using Survey123 version 3.14, if so are the questions that you are seeing not receive their URL values relevant based on other question(s) that are also receiving URL values? If that's the case we do have a known issue with 3.14 were relevant questions aren't correctly receiving URL values, please see this Esri Community post. We do have a fix planned in our March update which is planned to be released this afternoon.

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

25 Replies
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Someone from ESRI staff? Any help please? 

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Second attempt at getting an expert from ESRI to look into this topic please?

I had several layers in the map, and I deleted all the features previously created directly on AGOL, in case some geometry issue was causing the problem, but it made no difference.

This is pretty bad as the message gives me no clue of what is wrong, and I can't find any similar posts on ESRI Community so please any help at all would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @RafaeldePedro ,

1. Is your app is up to date to the latest ? 

2. Can you confirm if there were any changes in to your AGOL role?

3. What type of device are you using? (Android or Apple)

4. What is your AGOL subscription status? (Active or suspended)

~Shan
0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shan, thank you for your reply. To answer your questions:

1. Field Maps app version is 22.0.1

2. No changes to my AGOL role.

3. Android (Samsung)

4. Active

Basically, we have over 100 webmaps in our organisation site, which are all available to any user with the right permissions. However, this maps I've done show this new problem I haven't seen before. They have been done (by me) by publishing from ArcMap (Share as a service) where the layers were feature classes of a geodatabase I had just modified (I modified some fields, domains and subtypes). It all publishes without problem, and I can open the map on Collector for Windows on my laptop. It's just when using Collector or Field Maps on a smartphone or tablet that the error message appears.

Thanks for looking into this.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RafaeldePedro the easiest way for us to troubleshoot this is to get access to the web map.  Can you invite the "craig_sp" user to the group the map is in so I can try it out to see what the issue is?

Based on the error message, my guess is this points to something schema related; a field or property of the web map, but we'll know more when we take a look.

thanks,

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig, 

I have created a group in our organisation and called it "Troubleshooting". I found you and sent you an invite so hopefully you received it. I have also shared the webmap and all related items with the newly created group.

Please let me know if you can access it fine.

Thanks for your help.

Rafa

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue seems to be with the second last layer in your map; TEST_RevA_Phase1_LAYERS - Phase 1 habitats (Areas).  When I remove that layer, I can open the map in Field Maps.

I'm not sure what's wrong with that layer - but wanted to post this in case you could see what the issue is.

0 Kudos
RafaeldePedro
Occasional Contributor

Ah! Ok that's weird. I will investigate and re-do from scratch again and see what happens. But thanks for finding out that really helps me go in the right direction!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RafaeldePedro this might be a new issue - can you keep the layers as they are?  I'll see if we can debug it to get this addressed.

I saved a copy of the map for our use - but need that particular layer to remain.

thanks,

0 Kudos