Location alerts not triggered with geofences

06-23-2022 01:47 PM
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Hi there - I've configured a couple small geofences in the Field Maps web app (using a fresh web map with a fresh polygon feature layer with ) but am not getting location alerts on enter or exit, as expected. I'm using an iPhone Xs Max running iOS 15.5, have notifications enabled for Field Maps and have reloaded the map each time I've made changes. I've read the recent documentation, but am I missing something that might not be super apparent? Do you need to be collecting a feature to get alerts?

Thanks,
Derek

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds like everything is configured correctly. You do not need to be collecting a feature, to get notifications.

Can you check the troubleshooting logs? Do you see anything referencing geofence or geotrigger?

0 Kudos
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aaron. Nope, nothing referencing geofence or geotrigger (see attached).

0 Kudos
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Wow - I am embarrassed to say that it's probably because I haven't installed the latest version of the app on my phone. Apologies for all the time you spent looking into this.

0 Kudos
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Well, still no alerts after updating and walking through a fence. And nothing relevant in the new log.

0 Kudos
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

OK, I just used the QR code from the Sharing page of the Field Maps web app to access the map and got the "Location Alerts: This map requires your location to alert you when you approach or leave specific areas." toggle screen. Any idea why that wouldn't have come up when just accessing the map from the Maps list?

Successfully received alerts upon entering and exiting a geofence.

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

It should work from the Maps list as well. Try force closing the app and opening again after you updated to 22.3 then open that map again; you should see that same Location Alerts screen. It may be because you had the map open before you updated the app. 

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

Every time you open a map that has geofences it asks to enable alerts.. It's so annoying and time consuming. ESRI, Please deactivate that message or make it that you only have to enable once for a given map and not every day or time you open it!!