Issue with Field Maps Search Function

09-30-2021 01:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a map on ArcGIS field maps that contains a feature class (polygons) and 3 nested tables, which have data related to each polygon. Because there are many records in the tables related to each polygon, My field workers need to be able to search a specific record using the search bar. However, it seems that the search bar only works for records in the feature class, not in the related tables.

The following Screenshots Demonstrate the issue:

1. There is a map with polygons.

Screenshot_2021-09-30-13-51-18-350_com.esri.fieldmaps.jpg

 2. The polygons have nested tables as seen here (titled Balghar Students)

Screenshot_2021-09-30-13-52-33-143_com.esri.fieldmaps.jpg

  3. You can clearly see that this table has a record with the name "Benjamin"

Screenshot_2021-09-30-13-52-40-844_com.esri.fieldmaps.jpg

4. However, if i type benjamin on the search box, I get a response saying that no item has been found.

Screenshot_2021-09-30-13-53-22-899_com.esri.fieldmaps.jpg

I hope this clarifies the  issue. Can someone please help? Why is this happening and how to work around it? search settings in the map are enables and set correctly.

4 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User 

We do not have support for searching on non-spatial tables. For a non-spatial table the only way to access the record  (in Collector/Field Maps) is going through the parent feature. Search is limited by this factor. I suggest reaching out to Support and logging an enhancement if this severely limits your workflows.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ColinLawrence 

Thanks for your reply. This is really essential though. Collector and field maps type apps by QGIS have this built in, so I am really surprised that its not on offer here. I will log a request with support.

AngieLorenaMartínezCuervo
New Contributor

The same thing is happening to me, were you able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
MajidALsiyabi
New Contributor II

The same thing happening with me. I hope to find solution for this

0 Kudos