Install ArcGIS Fields Maps for ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.6.1

Jump to solution
12-17-2020 12:08 PM
MaximeDemers
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

We would like to migrate from Collector to ArcGIS Fields Maps soon with the new functionalities like form, default field data, etc...

We want to host and configure the web maps for ArcGIS Fields Map from within our ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1

From what I have readed, it's possible to install the ArcGIS Fields Maps  webmap configuration app in 10.6.1 but some steps are required to register the app.

See: https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000024488

My question is, is it really possible to install the Portal app just like the one in ArcGIS Online (Map Viewer Beta) on Portal 10.6.1?

If yes, is there something to download?

Can someone helps me understand how ArcGIS Fields Maps can be deployed with Enterprise 10.6.1.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
HayleighFisher
New Contributor III

Hi Aaron, Thank you for sharing the link. However we installed the Field Maps app on our Portal and all of our maps that have been configured for collector do not have the checkbox for "Use in ArcGIS Field Maps Mobile". I published the same service to our Portal and an identical one to ArcGIS online and ArcGIS online has the checkbox for field maps but the Portal map does not. Is there something we need to configure for all of our collector maps to work in Field Maps? I could not find anything in the documentation. Thank you!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@HayleighFisher 

Maps that worked in Collector should also work in Field Maps if they previously had the checkbox for "Use in Collected" checked. The Field Maps web app has a way to hide maps from the mobile app on the map browse page where you see your list of maps. If you select one or maps the option should appear. This can be useful so that maps used in dashboards or other web-focused apps do not appear in the list of maps available or searchable for a worker.

At 10.8.1 there is no checkbox in ArcGIS Online to check "Use in Field Maps", all maps should default to appearing in Field Maps mobile and if they have "Use in Collector" then you can also create/edit features. As mentioned above there is an option to hide maps from Field Maps mobile in the Field Maps web app.

0 Kudos
HayleighFisher
New Contributor III

Hi I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that in 10.8.1 portal there should be no checkbox available for "use in field maps" in the map settings? I am able to open the map in the portal field maps application but there am receiving an error that templates are read only. Is there something that needs to be configured in my service differently than when publishing for collector? 

HayleighPervorse2_1-1611701466740.png

Below is a screenshot from ArcGIS online- this is the same service published only difference is it is hosted. I do not get the template error here. 

HayleighPervorse2_2-1611701644687.png

0 Kudos
HayleighFisher
New Contributor III

As as a note- I am an Admin and also own the feature service and map in the Portal. I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can only configure templates for hosted feature layers because those are the only feature services that support REST API calls to make layer and database modifications. If you layer is coming from a separate ArcGIS server, you will see that read-only message. You can configure forms for both hosted and non-hosted feature layers and tables because the forms are stored in the webmap.

For the hiding/showing in Field Maps there is button as shown in this screenshot that appears when you have selected a visible or hidden map.

AaronPulver_0-1611709344381.png

AaronPulver_1-1611709390258.png

0 Kudos
HayleighFisher
New Contributor III

Hi Aaron,

As I understand it based on this article: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/collector/field-mobility/deprecation-notice-for-selected-f...

Collector will be decommissioned at the end of this year (2021). All of our collector maps are using feature services published to our internal server sites. We cannot transfer over to field maps if only hosted services are supported? This also was not detailed in the release documentation. Is there a road map for allowing non hosted services to be used in Field Maps soon? I'm not sure of the benefit of migrating to Field Maps if we cannot utilize any of the new functionality, can you please explain? Thank you again. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@HayleighFisher 

You can create forms for hosted and non-hosted (internal server) feature services. So you can take advantage of conditional visibility expression, required fields, and the other improvements that the new forms provide regardless of where the feature layers are hosted.

You can only configure templates (which are only used for default values) for hosted feature layers. In order to modify templates for a non-hosted feature services, you need to re-publish it from ArcMap or Pro.

In addition, any map that works in Collector today will work in Field Maps without any modification.

0 Kudos
HayleighFisher
New Contributor III

Ok understood thank  you. I misunderstood your last comment. Thank you!

0 Kudos