Install ArcGIS Fields Maps for ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.6.1

Jump to solution
12-17-2020 12:08 PM
MaximeDemers
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

We would like to migrate from Collector to ArcGIS Fields Maps soon with the new functionalities like form, default field data, etc...

We want to host and configure the web maps for ArcGIS Fields Map from within our ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1

From what I have readed, it's possible to install the ArcGIS Fields Maps  webmap configuration app in 10.6.1 but some steps are required to register the app.

See: https://support.esri.com/en/Technical-Article/000024488

My question is, is it really possible to install the Portal app just like the one in ArcGIS Online (Map Viewer Beta) on Portal 10.6.1?

If yes, is there something to download?

Can someone helps me understand how ArcGIS Fields Maps can be deployed with Enterprise 10.6.1.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MaximeDemers 

The mobile app can be registered to work with a 10.6.1, 10.7, 10.7.1, or 10.8. For 10.8.1 or newer it is pre-registered. Maps that work in Collector will continue to work in Field Maps.

The web app will only work with Enterprise versions 10.8.1 or newer. Installation steps and setups will be available soon for this. This means you will not be able to take advantage of the new "smart forms" capabilities until you upgrade to 10.8.1 or higher.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MaximeDemers 

The mobile app can be registered to work with a 10.6.1, 10.7, 10.7.1, or 10.8. For 10.8.1 or newer it is pre-registered. Maps that work in Collector will continue to work in Field Maps.

The web app will only work with Enterprise versions 10.8.1 or newer. Installation steps and setups will be available soon for this. This means you will not be able to take advantage of the new "smart forms" capabilities until you upgrade to 10.8.1 or higher.

ChrisJensen
New Contributor III

Aaron,

How will I know when the installation steps and setup for Enterprise 10.8.1 of the Field maps web app is available?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There will be a post on GeoNet and possibly a blog. It's tentatively looking like it will be available next week.

0 Kudos
HayleighFisher
New Contributor III

Is there any update on this? I do not see any release for the installation steps. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's scheduled to be released this Thursday; we had to address an issue at the last minute which delayed it.

0 Kudos
HayleighFisher
New Contributor III

I do not see a release today but I could be looking in the wrong place. Would it be possible for you to share the link to the install instructions? Thank you!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@HayleighFisher  @ChrisJensen The 10.8.1 setups went live last night and instructions for installation can be found here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/android/help/enterprise-support.htm

0 Kudos
Alex_Reid
New Contributor III

@Anonymous User I just did this and it broke my portal, the URL for my portal home page stopped working and redirected on the Portal machine to the IIS default page. From other machines you just get the Server Error 500 page. I had to just uninstall it quickly to get the system working again. Going to make my own post but but I was very bummed.

Edit: Turns out installing includes a Portal restart and you shouldn't do it on the Production machine midday, and if you do, don't panic. Everything will come back eventually.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Alex_Reid Someone from our team will reach out to you via DM or email. We have not seen this issue before so it may require some additional investigation.