Select to view content in your preferred language

How can I stream tracks offline?

3 weeks ago
MikaylaLeishman
New Contributor

I'm trying to create an offline map in Field Maps that will allow our crew members to stream their location using a line layer (usually done when hitting the "Start Streaming" pop up on the online map/app. When I tried to make the regular layer they use to do so available offline, it said "The layer requires true curve client editing, which is not supported in Field Maps". Does anyone know a workaround to capture tracks offline on Field Maps? 

Thanks!
Mikayla 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JustinColville
Esri Contributor

Hello @MikaylaLeishman

It sounds like your feature layer is configured to "Allow update of true curve" and "Only allow true curve updates by true curve clients".  Field Maps does not support editing true curves, which is why you are seeing the message.

Both of this properties, "Allow update of true curve" and "Only allow true curve updates by true curve clients", can be configured when you publish your layer (Step 8 in the Configure Layers section of Configure a web feature layer) or modified after you publish (Editor permissions for feature services).  Changing these properties will allow you to take the map offline

0 Kudos
LucasNeal
New Contributor II

Hi Justin,

I have the same issue although I had been taking these maps and layers offline for years before and this never popped up. I have ran the densify  tool on the layers in question and unchecked the true curves option in the feature layer settings in AGOL. 

Still, Field Maps will not allow me to take my maps offline due to this. Do you know of any workaround or ideas to try to resolve this?

0 Kudos
LucasNeal
New Contributor II

in case you did not get pinged @JustinColville 

0 Kudos
JustinColville
Esri Contributor

@LucasNeal there are two properties of the layer, allowTrueCurveUpdates and onlyAllowTrueCurveUpdatesByTrueCurveClients, that you can see in the layer's JSON.  What are their values?  Can you send a screenshot of the error/warning that you are getting?

From the service's item page, View

JustinColville_0-1720651216069.png

JustinColville_1-1720651254309.png

0 Kudos
LucasNeal
New Contributor II

Here is the unchecked setting 

LucasNeal_0-1720651441176.png

Here is the JSON saying it is still enabled 

LucasNeal_1-1720651474924.png

0 Kudos
LucasNeal
New Contributor II

@JustinColville 

This is what I am getting in Field Maps Designer that prompted me to investigate this.

LucasNeal_2-1720651598076.png

0 Kudos
JustinColville
Esri Contributor

@LucasNeal the message you are seeing is just a warning message saying that your data has/support true curves, but Field Maps does not support editing true curves at this time.  As it is just a warning, you can still take this map and those layers offline and use them in Field Maps.

If you would like to be able to edit the curves in Field Maps, which will densify them, then allow updates to true curves (allowTrueCurveUpdates : true) but dont "Only allow true curve updates by true curve clients" (onlyAllowTrueCurveUpdatesByTrueCurveClients : false).

0 Kudos
Fierman
New Contributor

The issue definitely prohibits maps from being taken offline. This seems to be a bug introduced recently.

0 Kudos