Select to view content in your preferred language

High Accuracy GPS , leica gg04 plus, Field Maps on Android. Altitude is incorrect

Jump to solution
05-17-2023 01:30 PM
LaurenceLanglois1
New Contributor III

I have 'Zeno connect' running on the Android Tablet. With This Result

Zeno_Connect_Shot.png

This is the result From the point I took in Field Maps.

Field_Maps Results.png

The Altitude is not in meters, it is about a quarter of the live results on the screen.

Any suggestions? 

This is the settings from the "Zeno Connect' screen.

Screenshot_20230510-002104.png

I could not get Z values to show up.

Thanks in advance Larry

0 Kudos
16 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

looks like that one is on the steps of the Sharon Public Library at

11 N Main St, Sharon, MA 02067

0 Kudos
LaurenceLanglois1
New Contributor III

I was on a known benchmark where I took my point.

0 Kudos
LaurenceLanglois1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the replies. I am going to make a new more specific post:

I just purchased a new GPS unit ‘Leica gg04 plus’  

I am using an android tablet.

The 'Leica Connect app’ displays the correct elevation 72.23 meters Orthometric Height.

But in 'Field Maps' it stores an altitude of 44.09 (Height above ellipsoid (HAE)).

Does anyone have this Leica gg04 unit, and recording the elevation correctly without post processing?

0 Kudos
LuisaC
by
New Contributor II

Not sure if this is something you're still working out, but we've run into this issue as well with our Trimble R2s. What we found is that when Field Maps is configured for high-accuracy recievers the ellipsoidal height is recorded in the altitude field, but the z-value captured in the feature's geometry should be the orthometric height from your reciever. There are some vague references to this issue in the field maps doc pages that I can track down if you're interested.

To display the correct elevation for our users, we did end up creating a new "orthometric height" field and copying the z-value to it with an arcade expression in our field maps collection form. 

Hopefully this is is still relevant for you! 

0 Kudos
JeremyJones1
New Contributor II

Did you do your arcade expressions in AGOL?  I've tried the pop up method and it just does not work.  I also tried attribute rules in pro before publishing the layers for use in fieldmaps and that didn't seem to work either.  I really wish they would fix this.  My users really want to see the elevations in feet and accuracy in inches etc. when the data point is collected.

0 Kudos
LaurenceLanglois1
New Contributor III

I was able to get z to populate with command Geometry($feature).Z 

When I created the feature, I checked the box for collect Z information. 

This is somewhat worthless because it is post-processing procedure.  I want the elevation taken during the point acquisition.   I confirmed there is an official  ESRI enhancement request for this to gather elevation in the feature. The elevation number shows up on my Zeno connect software. I used third party Apglos Survey Wizard and it collected the correct elevation. 

0 Kudos
LaurenceLanglois1
New Contributor III

Hello LuisaC,

I was able to calculate Z value, with an arcade value online. I could also do it with 'calculate geometry' in ArcMap pro. But I still wish it was automatic.  I made an ESRI case to highlight this upgrade. I am working on changing the 'base map' in Field Maps to my State Plane projections, but I was unsuccessful on my first try. 

I think my X and Y are off due to the projection changes also.

This is not as easy and seamless as I hoped.

Larry

0 Kudos