Form 'Save to Layer' Where is the form actually being stored?

03-20-2023 09:36 AM
Sean_Haile
New Contributor III

In Field Maps Designer, we can now save forms to the layer, rather than in the web map. Where are these forms actually being stored? I don't see them in the layer definition JSON of the hosted feature service. When they are stored with the web map, they can be found in the web map's JSON.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

It appears as if they are saved in the JSON for the hosted feature layer in the data section under "formInfo".

R_

Sean_Haile
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I can now see that in the JSON when using the AGOL Assistant. I didn't see that section when looking at the layer definition JSON from the Admin REST endpoint of the service, which is where I was previously looking. I've used both AGOL Assistant and the hosted layer's Admin REST endpoint's /updateDefinition capability to update layer definitions on hosted services, so I wonder why the JSON representation is different between AGOL Assistant and the service's Admin REST endpoint? 

0 Kudos
Sean_Haile
New Contributor III

I'm now trying to update the the service's JSON's formInfo section via ArcGIS Python API, I've determine how to retrieve the information, but not clear how to update it. It's not a part of the layer definition, so using that method doesn't seem to be appropriate.

WillAnderson
New Contributor III

Yup. Ambiguity here is what prevents me from spending the time to build a complex, logic-based form and deploying it. Need better way of seeing forms in the GUI, not buried in the JSON.