Form on Field Maps keeps resetting

Jump to solution
03-11-2021 05:18 AM
jstark_mercernj
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have been working on configuring forms for field data collection with Field Maps. I spend a lot of time selecting the fields and writing hints and all that, and then a day or two later I go to use it on the app and it has re-set to the default, including fields I do not want on the form. I then go back in to Field Maps, and sure enough there is nothing in the form. I am always sure to save the form prior to exiting, and test it and it works initially.

I am not sure if this is because I am editing the feature layers used (adding more values to fields, etc), or if it is a glitch that others have had trouble with.

Has anyone had this problem? Thanks

24 Replies
lah
by
New Contributor III

Hi Jill,

Thanks for finding this, I hadn't seen that thread yet. Unfortunately, this didn't work for us. I'm assuming because we are on Enterprise 10.8.1, and do not have the New Map Viewer. Hopefully users on later versions have more luck!

0 Kudos
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

I've been testing what I learned from the other thread this morning and it's a solution for me. By the way, our portal is still 10.8 or 10.8.1, so still using the original map viewer. The trick is how you get to it:

After setting up forms for a map, open the map only using the “Open in Map Viewer” button on the Overview tab of the FM web app.  Can add layers, fix popups, etc. there.  Close it with the big X in upper right corner and you're back to the form set up.  

As a bonus, I just discovered default values: in the FM web app, Content > editable layers > choose one and click the Templates tab in the middle. Click on the form below that and you can set defaults in the righthand panel. 

lah
by
New Contributor III

Yes, that is the workflow I followed as well. I got excited, because while I was still in the same Field Maps session it looked like it was working - (maintained my form after saving the edits in the map). But when I closed/refreshed the session, my form was gone again.

Glad to hear it worked for you. Our setup must still be missing something.

0 Kudos
JillHalchin

That's possible.  For 10.8 portals, the Field Maps Web App has to be installed separately, so it's possible that it wasn't configured correctly. 

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1

I have the same issue with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9

I am using the old map viewer and I think every time I edit something in the map viewer the form disappears. I can't use the new map viewer until it supports related tables. Catch 22

0 Kudos