Floor Picker not working (even w/ Indoors extension)

05-04-2022 07:01 AM
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

I set up an Indoors database in Pro with my floor plans. The floor filter works well most of the time in Pro (it seems to show the First Floor all the time regardless of which floor I select and I cannot for the life of me figure out why). I published everything to AGOL, but when I open FieldMaps the floor picker still does not show up. I've read through all the documentation and it seems that as long as I have everything set up correctly in Pro it should work, but it's not. What am I missing?

7 Replies
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Did you check to ensure that the "LEVEL_ID" for each floor is unique?  Also, that there is a value for each?

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

Yes. I got the floor picker to show up, but it's still stuck with the first floor always being on for some reason so it's not useful.

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

By default, Field Maps will display whichever level is set to VERTICAL_ORDER =  0 when a building is centered on the screen.  So, if you pan/zoom from one building to another, the building in focus will display vertical order "0".  For many users this is Level 1. 

Are you saying that when you tap on the floor picker you do not get a list of floors to choose from?  If not, ensure that your VERTICAL_ORDER field is populated and unique for each building and make sure that the NAME_SHORT field is populated as well.

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

I do get a list of floors, but when I select a different floor it displays that floor in addition to the first floor. Both VERTICAL_ORDER and NAME_SHORT fields are populated. It used to work perfectly before they made the update to FieldMaps requiring the Indoors extension. Very puzzling.

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

Do you happen to have duplicate layers in your webmap?  Some that are configured for Indoors and some that aren't?

0 Kudos
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

No duplicate layers and they are all configured for Indoors... I have related tables but I wouldn't think that would cause the issue...

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

Have you tried creating a new webmap from scratch?  If so and you are still having the same issue with a new webmap, I'd suggest opening a ticket with Support.

0 Kudos