Find locations configuration by layer settings do not save in Field Maps if open web map in map viewer beta

Jump to solution
04-07-2021 01:55 PM
EmmaSchultz1
New Contributor III

I noticed some weird functionality when testing out my web map in Field Maps. 

The web map was originally made in the classic map viewer. I configured the web map settings to enable the "Find locations by layer", and chose various layers so our field workers can search for asset ID, etc. (Some of these search layers are hosted feature layers, and others are web service layers from our REST service). I noticed if I opened the web map in Map Viewer Beta after saving the "Find Locations by Layer" settings, then tried to Search by layer in Field Maps, it would not work - the settings were not honoured. I then went back to the web map settings and alas, the "Find Locations by Layer" option was no longer checked off. 

I tested to see if this was a Map Viewer Beta issues and I believe it is. I again enabled the find locations by layer, but then opened the map in Map Viewer Classic (where they all worked fine again), then saved, and closed the map. This time, when I opened the same map in Field Maps, I was able to search by layer! I went back to the web map settings and the option was checked off this time. 

Not sure if other people have had this issue/ or if it is a known problem/ Map Viewer Beta can't search by layer if they are web service layers? I Could not find another post with this same issue. 

Thanks, 

Emma 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @EmmaSchultz1 thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce this issue in ArcGIS Online. This appears to have been fixed a few days ago by the JavaScript API team. I have verified the fix and it should be available with the next ArcGIS Online release next week.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @EmmaSchultz1 thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce this issue in ArcGIS Online. This appears to have been fixed a few days ago by the JavaScript API team. I have verified the fix and it should be available with the next ArcGIS Online release next week.

EmmaSchultz1
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Great timing for my question - fix is going to be available next week! 

Emma

0 Kudos