Fields Maps Nov 2022 Release available in AGOL?

11-29-2022 12:02 PM
ChrisWoods1
New Contributor

I am using AGOL with Field Maps but don't see some of the new enhancements listed in the Nov Release (Geofence, Layer Filter) in the Map Viewer in AGOL. Are these enhancements only compatible with Portal based Field Maps and not AGOL based Field Maps?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ChrisWoods1 ,

As a general rule, web side enhancements will come to ArcGIS Online 1 release before they make it to Portal (ie you can expect the majority of functionality from the Nov AGOL release in the next Portal release). I believe the functionality you are looking for is contained within the Field Maps web app and not necessarily Map Viewer. Field Maps Web is released alongside the AGOL update. There is a blog on Geofences available here. I hope this helps!

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Well that is refreshing to hear.  Typically we in Portal need to wait 1 to 3 years for something to make it to Portal from AGOL

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@RobertBorchert I should have probably said "at least 1 release" but I have noticed a better effort in bringing things in to Portal on the subsequent release. I am not on the Portal or AGOL team but work directly with both around each of their releases supporting Field Maps functionality. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I was a frustratingly long wait to get the new map viewer

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

And the new Dashboard does not function properly 

BUG-000146647

0 Kudos
ChrisWoods1
New Contributor

I was able to find the geofence and layer filtering in the field maps web app settings. I was mistakenly looking in the new map viewer's web layer filter and settings for the new enhancements.  

0 Kudos