FieldMaps not opening offline basemap

Jump to solution
07-07-2021 02:57 PM
MarcoPoetsch
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I have created  a TPK basemap for offline usage and put this on my iPad in .../ Field Maps/basemaps/Aerial_Lod20.tpk

In the web map settings, as well as in the FieldMap settings, I said that the device should use this tile package for offline mapping.

MarcoPoetsch3_0-1625694755317.png

However, when I open the map in the FieldMap app on the iPad, the basemap is not turned on by default. I always need to change the basemap in the basemap widget.

Also: If i want to add/download an offline area, the basemap is not showing. I get the ESRI basemap instead.

Is there anything I do wrong?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MattSchulz4
New Contributor
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the basemaps stopped showing up after an
update.
We are currently running fieldmaps app version 22.2.1
Samsung Tab S7 (SM-T870)
Build T870xxu2cve5
UI 4.1

0 Kudos
Z-man
by
New Contributor II

Just wanted to chime in that we are experiencing this same problem. 

In fact, we've had the same webmaps and TPKs on our devices for nearly a year and they quit being recognized recently. I tried @MarcoPoetsch solution to remove numbers and underscores and FieldMaps recognized the renamed tkp immediately. 

The ability to select from the myriad of TPKs we have on our devices when adding off-line areas would be a welcome addition. 

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

An update for all in this thread:

We did identify a difference in the way Field Maps Web is setting the property for the referenced basemap. It is unclear at this time whether a fix will be applied to Field Maps Web or Field Maps mobile to mitigate this. For now, if you are having issues with your basemap seemingly being ignored in Field Maps mobile, try setting the "Use a tile package for the offline basemap" setting in the Web Map Item Details page instead. Note: you can make any change on the Item Details page and swap it back to activate the "Save" button.

You can also get in contact with Support and get attached to BUG-000150151 to track this. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos