Field Maps Stuck Acquiring Location when Paired with Trimble DA2 w/ Catalyst 60

08-10-2022 10:59 AM
CoreyMacIsaac1
New Contributor

I am currently running ArcGIS Field Maps coupled with a Trimble DA2 antenna with the Catalyst 60 subscription. I have set up Trimble Mobile Manager and connected everything via bluetooth. In the Trimble Mobile Manager Application the antenna seems to be working as intended, however Field Maps cannot aqcuire my location when I have provider set as the DA2 antenna. I had everything working fine yesterday when we were using the Catalyst free version, but now I cannot for the life of me get it working. I have opened developer options to allow mock location from the Trimble Mobile Manager App, still no luck.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
6 Replies
CoreyMacIsaac1
New Contributor

To expand,

-When I disconnect Trimble Mobile Manager to the antenna, and switch the Provider in Field Maps to the DA2, I get an accuracy of (at best) 3.1ft. 

-When I connect the antenna to Mobile Manager (with mock location enabled), Field Maps cannot connect to the antenna too, I switch the provider over to Integrated, my accuracy is awful 160ft+.  

0 Kudos
Joshua_H
New Contributor II

I'm currently experiencing the exact same situation, except with the "free" subscription (haven't obtained our current subscription from the boss yet). Trimble app shows connection, Field Maps just stays stuck on Acquiring Location.

0 Kudos
Joshua_H
New Contributor II

*Also, the Integrated is the GPS/GNSS receiver of whatever device you're using, ie. cell phone, tablet, etc.

0 Kudos
RonIvie
New Contributor

Was a fix action ever found? i have the same issue with my setup using Catalyst 10.

MicahPaulk_DWA
New Contributor

Need help with this also...please!

0 Kudos
KurtisBoyce1
New Contributor II

I was able to fix this issue using these steps. My specific issue was to set the GNSS output detection to Auto.

1. Swipe close both Trimble Mobile Manager and ArcGIS Field Maps
2. Open Trimble Mobile Manager, connect to the DA2 and log in with your Trimble ID
3. GNSS Configuration was set as defaults or Auto, GNSS correction source Auto (Trimble Correction Hub), GNSS output Detection - (Auto), Geoid - egm96 (Global) [confirm if this is the correct one for you]
4. Disconnect from the DA2 (stay signed in) --- important step to toggle this off in the Trimble mobile manager
5. Open Field Maps
6. Connect to the DA2
7. Open the map to see if the GPS is measuring accuracy