Field Maps service not editable when 'Use in ArcGIS Collector' is disabled

Jump to solution
04-28-2021 08:09 PM
VH_MapS
New Contributor III

Hello,

I've recently noticed the two checkboxes at the bottom of Web Map settings - "Use in ArcGIS Collector" and "Use in ArcGIS Field Maps Mobile".

In an attempt to work with a clean dataset (required fields & conditional visibility) moving forward, I've instructed everyone to use Field Maps and NOT collector. 

I'm running into an issue where if I disable the check box for "Use in ArcGIS Collector", it seems to disable edits in Field Maps. 

Screenshot of "Use in ArcGIS Collector" checked:
IMG_2547.jpg

Screenshot of "Use in ArcGIS Collector" un checked (disabled):
IMG_2546.jpg

Note that when "Use in ArcGIS Collector" is not checked, the ability to edit is lost.

The feature layer driving this map was created late last year (back when field maps/map viewer beta were still in the beta stage). I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the issue.

My short term fix is to:

• Open in map viewer classic
  • Disable all edits on popups
  • Open in field maps (web)
  • Create a form for editing

This kind of solves the issue, but I don't want the map to be visible in collector (and retain editing abilities in field maps).

@Anonymous User - any ideas on this one?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@VH_MapS unfortunately the editing capabilities in Field Maps are being limited by the fact you've unchecked Use in ArcGIS Collector. This is something we're aware of and are intending to address in our June update. You can track or request to be added to this technical support defect.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@VH_MapS unfortunately the editing capabilities in Field Maps are being limited by the fact you've unchecked Use in ArcGIS Collector. This is something we're aware of and are intending to address in our June update. You can track or request to be added to this technical support defect.