Field Maps photo quality setting missing

Jump to solution
05-11-2021 01:04 PM
CraigMueller1
New Contributor III

Options for photo quality have gone missing in the most recent iOS Field Maps. I may have missed it, but is it documented somewhere what the now fixed image quality is? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@CraigMueller1 apologies for the late reply. 

• We do not plan to continue with a separate install for previous versions of ArcGIS Enterprise.
  • The settings have been reintroduced and are the beta now for Android and iOS, and will be released in late June.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CraigMueller1
New Contributor III

Answering my own question in frustration: the setting is now in the web app, but as far as I know the Portal installable version of the app hasn't been updated so for my implementation the setting has effectively disappeared. I hope the Portal installable gets updated ASAP.

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@CraigMueller1 a couple of points here.  Yes, the default if not specified in Field Maps web settings is Large.  What size are you using for your data collection projects?

Regarding the availability of this setting for ArcGIS Enterprise:

• Future ArcGIS Enterprise releases will include the ability to configure these settings for a map within the Field Maps web app.
  • We are reintroducing this setting in the mobile app in the coming release to ensure that ArcGIS Enterprise customers will be able to utilize the mobile setting as they did in previous Field Maps mobile releases. This will bridge the gap until migrating to an ArcGIS Enterprise version that supports defining these for the map.
0 Kudos
CraigMueller1
New Contributor III

Hi @DougMorgenthaler  thanks for the response. I responded to my own post before and am trying again on your reply (sorry for spamming you). My team always uses the "Original" setting to preserve the highest quality imagery and personally I think even the "Extra Large" image setting is too compromised.

I'm glad to hear that the settings will be incorporated in future releases, but it sounds like you will be abandoning the separate installable in favor of only releasing Field Maps updates with new Enterprise releases. Is that the case? Will there not be an updated Field Maps installable update before 10.9.1?

I'm glad to hear that the setting will be reintroduced to the mobile app since it really feels like us Enterprise users got stuck in the middle of having settings disappear one place before they were added to the other. Is there an ETA for the update that will add back in the settings? 

Above all, thanks for your hard work on the apps!

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@CraigMueller1 apologies for the late reply. 

• We do not plan to continue with a separate install for previous versions of ArcGIS Enterprise.
  • The settings have been reintroduced and are the beta now for Android and iOS, and will be released in late June.
0 Kudos
CraigMueller1
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot for the responses Doug. I look forward to 10.9.1 and future updates to Field Maps in Enterprise.

0 Kudos