Field Maps is creating lowercase GlobalId but AGOL does uppercase

12-16-2021 08:01 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are a few of us that have been posting inconsistencies with case on globalid.

See here https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/globalid-in-lowercase-from-collector-to-sur... 

and https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/globalid-inconsistent-display/m-p/291405 

I think I may have traced it down to Field Maps.

If I add a feature in a web map in the browser I get uppercase GlobalID.  If I use the exact same map and add in Field Maps it does lower case.

AGOL Add

DougBrowning_0-1639670355448.png

Field Maps add

DougBrowning_1-1639670355340.png

Then ArcPro changes the lower to upper for display

DougBrowning_2-1639670355392.png

So the exact same record shows lower in AGOL and upper in Pro.

The big issue here is my relationship class will NOT match lower and upper so all my relationships are breaking.

At this point I am not even sure the standard?  More info in the posts.

Please help I am going nuts.

9 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Seeing 123 doing lower case also

DougBrowning_0-1639676785321.png

And when I look at this form in Pro I again get both depending on the attribute table or the popup

DougBrowning_0-1639677200475.png

No idea which one is "correct" still.

thanks

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Esri now agreed to update this to a bug   BUG-000146406 

thanks

HarshalGharat
New Contributor III

Hi,

I tried to look up this bug but didn't get any information around it. Do you know if this has been resolved?

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No I have not heard anything.  Status is In Review it says.  I tried to escalate it already.

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I believe the issue lies with your avatar.  If you change it to a Vikings Logo the sky will be blue for you once again.  

On  a less serious note.  I just looked at the results of all locations collected in the field in the last 3 months for one of my apps and they are all uppercase.  

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Where did you look at them?  If you look at them in Pro it will convert it for display.  Look at them in a AGOL map or at the actual data service and you will see lower.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

It could be a conflict between database formats.  

Is your data stored in the Cloud or on a server somewhere. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is a hosted service.  Esri support confirmed the issue as did others at Esri so I am pretty sure it is not something unique to me.  The hard part is it may look different depending on where you look.  But it is for sure consistent.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Got a gif of it happening today.  Even when I edit a different field it does it.  Will it ever get fixed?  thanks

ArcPro edits change globalid.gif

BUG-000146406