Field Maps for IOS and Leica GG04 GPS Location Not Available

Jump to solution
02-08-2022 12:55 PM
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

All of the sudden I cannot get Field Maps for IOS to use my GG04 location.  The device is connected to Zeno Connect.  The device shows connected under the field maps profile.  Every time I go into field maps it searches for the device in the map and does not connect.  Saying GPS location not available.  This just started happening sometime between December and Now.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarsonG

Might try not opening Zeno Connect. I do not have experience with the GG04 or Zeno connect, but it might be behaving now like Trimble Mobile Manager and Field Maps. If you open Trimble Mobile Manager and try to connect through it Field Maps will display the GPS location not available message.

However, if I open Field Maps and connect to the receiver and then click either the Arrow icon in the top right corner of the user interface or the Ribbon that displays GPS location not available, it will connect after about 20-30 seconds. I was told that if you try to connect to TMM and then open Field Maps the two of them fight over which one is "connected".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarsonG

Might try not opening Zeno Connect. I do not have experience with the GG04 or Zeno connect, but it might be behaving now like Trimble Mobile Manager and Field Maps. If you open Trimble Mobile Manager and try to connect through it Field Maps will display the GPS location not available message.

However, if I open Field Maps and connect to the receiver and then click either the Arrow icon in the top right corner of the user interface or the Ribbon that displays GPS location not available, it will connect after about 20-30 seconds. I was told that if you try to connect to TMM and then open Field Maps the two of them fight over which one is "connected".

0 Kudos