Field maps crashing when selecting feature layer. Android

01-27-2021 12:39 PM
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

Field maps is consistently crashing on android devices when a particular feature layer is selected.  Same map and feature service works fine on collector . Arcade expressions are present on the layer using featuresets. 

Logging report returns 

Feature tiling disabled (with timestamp of crash)

Tags (1)
12 Replies
JasonJordan00
Occasional Contributor

I have pretty constant crashes in Field Maps too even without Arcade expressions in the layers on my Android. It's definitely still an infant app that could have stayed in Beta a little longer.

PaulSweeney3

Have you been able to reproduce the issue consistently @JasonJordan00 . The feature layer I  have crashes everytime? I have raised it with support too so hopefully the bug can be identified . 

0 Kudos
JasonJordan00
Occasional Contributor

The most consistent trend I've noticed is if I rapidly tap twice. Either by quickly jumping from point to point, double tapping a point, or jumping from a point to a menu.

PaulSweeney3

What device are you using? Would it have a lot of RAM ? 

0 Kudos
FrankP_FNAI
New Contributor II

Field Maps is also freezing for me as soon as I select any editable feature layer to record a point. The map doesn't use any Arcade expressions or beta form functionality but does have related tables and attachments. All that I can do is close the app. This is on a Pixel 3a running Android 11.

DHume01
New Contributor II

We have the same issue. We're using Field Maps on Android Samsung Active Tab 2 devices. Crashes at random, no logic to it. Affecting a lot of our surveyors. Happens when working online/offline, on simple forms with no relational data or arcade expressions as well as those with both. Have also logged a help desk ticket and awaiting assistance. Frustrating as we made the "leap" to Field Maps from Collector Classic due to it being deprecated and didn't see the point in doing an interim migration to Collector for ArcGIS - perhaps a mistake in hindsight. Definitely still some large bugs (not having the decimal point in the numeric keyboard being a rather odd one!).

0 Kudos
ScottJohnson2
New Contributor II

We are having the same app crashing issues when editing in Field Maps.  It seems that the problem starts or gets worse when any changes are made in the new map viewer.  We are using Samsung S20 phones in the field.  We have tested on IOS and experience no crashing when editing.  

0 Kudos
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

We're crashing as well on a Google Pixel 3a running Android 11 with Field Maps 21.1.0. We're also seeing performance issues on Samsung Galaxy TabActive 2 Tablets. 

0 Kudos
JMitchell
New Contributor III

I am running into similar crashing behavior on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Android tablet.

It appears to be linked to modified schema of layers added to a pre-existing map and the new Map Viewer in some way.

The crashes happen for specific maps when I try and open them in Field Maps; this behavior seemed to coincide with my having added a new field to a layer featured in the map or enabling tracking.  The crash does not happen right away, but at some point during use...then from that point on the map within Field Maps remains 'corrupted' and causes the app to crash when tying to open or use the map in question. The only way to fix it is to create a new map entirely from scratch (saving a copy of the corrupted map seems to pass down the error).

0 Kudos