Field Maps App photo resize gone after 4/14/21 update

Jump to solution
04-15-2021 11:16 AM
BradGeorgic
New Contributor III

On Monday 4/12 under the Profile then Collection Settings there was photo resize (small, medium, large, extra large, actual) setting that was great for keeping database small.  I did an app update on 4/14/21 and now it is gone and can't be found!  Please help as this was a great setting to have!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@BradGeorgic with the latest release of Field Maps we've moved the Photo Size setting into the Field Maps web app and is available as a map author setting. This provides a better level of control and an opportunity for administrators to configure this on a per-map basis. For more information on how to configure, see this doc topic

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@BradGeorgic with the latest release of Field Maps we've moved the Photo Size setting into the Field Maps web app and is available as a map author setting. This provides a better level of control and an opportunity for administrators to configure this on a per-map basis. For more information on how to configure, see this doc topic

SkeenP_
New Contributor III

This is a great feature Team, the recent update to enable remote management and per-map settings is fantastic!

0 Kudos
MicahWilliamson
Occasional Contributor II

Can you confirm what version of Field Maps this was changed on? We are running Field maps on Portal 10.8.1 and do NOT see the Settings button the doc files talk about. (I see it on AGO, not on our Portal install)

LaraRector
New Contributor II

Same.  I can't find it.  Pity you didn't get a response to this.

0 Kudos
BradGeorgic
New Contributor III

I did get a solution later that day.  You have to set that up in what I call the Field Maps administration page.  https://www.arcgis.com/apps/fieldmaps/

Its easy to do and makes more sense from an administrative approach.

0 Kudos
MicahWilliamson
Occasional Contributor II

@BradGeorgicI am asking about version of Field Maps in Portal for ArcGIS. You answer is great and works in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
LaraRector
New Contributor II

Doesn't seem like that capability is available right now, but should be any time soon: field maps photo quality setting missing 

0 Kudos