Field Maps and rasters

Jump to solution
08-02-2021 12:27 PM
PetronilaMandeno
Occasional Contributor II

Hello All, I'm new to Field Maps but I have been using Collector for a long time.

I'd like to just take a map I have built on ArcGIS Pro and load it into Field Maps. However, it seems to work fine for all my vector layers, but not two raster files (which are the most important ones).

There's nothing special about the rasters. One is in a geodatabase and the other is a TIFF file. They both represent versions of fuel models (vegetation) that I want to compare with reality.

I'm loading the map straight onto my tablet via a MMPK.

Any ideas? Would Explorer be better?

I don't need to change any data on the map. I just need to be able to see those rasters.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If they are simple enough, can they be converted to vector format?

Raster to Polygon (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If they are simple enough, can they be converted to vector format?

Raster to Polygon (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
PetronilaMandeno

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the suggestion. I am in the process of doing just that. But (there's always a butt), one of the rasters is 5m in resolution. So, of course, the vector file is huge (even with simplified polygons). I'll see if my Tablet can handle the file size.

I just checked and the file mobile map package is just under a GB. Fingers crossed it works. 😕

Thanks again,

Esther

0 Kudos
PetronilaMandeno

Quick follow up: converting to polygons worked, though I would have preferred the rasters. I hope they can figure out how to easily show rasters on a mobile map some day...

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure you should be able to get rasters into an MMPK for field maps. Have you tried caching your rasters into tpks first before packaging? Make sure you use the default agol cache schema and set your coordinates system to Web Mercator with appropriate transformations before packaging.

• Mobile map packages support simple features, raster datasets, tables, relationship classes, locators, network datasets, and maps that contain map tile (.tpk) or vector tile (.vtpk) packages. Mobile map packages created in ArcGIS Pro for use in apps created with ArcGIS Runtime SDKs currently only support the following layer types: feature layers, raster layers, raster tiled layers from previously created .tpk files, and vector tiled layers from previously created .vtpk files.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
rebeccaebria
New Contributor

Hi David,

When I follow your instructions and import a MMPK with features into Field Maps, I can't edit my features. 

That is, the blue "+" icon is missing, suggesting I am not allowed to edit any features. I have read about "workarounds" for what to do when the blue plus icon isn't there but this involves editing the feature's settings on ArcGIS Online...but the feature isn't accessible on ArcGIS Online because it was sideloaded. Plus I will be working without internet (even in the evenings) for a month so a solution that doesn't require ArcGIS Online is needed. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
rebeccaebria
New Contributor

I just read that .mmpk files are read only in Field Maps ☹️. This is really frustrating.

0 Kudos