Failed to Download Offline Area

05-13-2022 06:23 AM
JosephHilliard94
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I am sure some of you have the frustrating issue where offline areas fail to download for no apparent reason. I have trawled the community on this issue and there doesn't appear to be a concrete solution for this. On some maps, offline areas work fine, on others, with the same settings, they fail. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TravisSizemore
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joseph, 

This has been the million-dollar question lately. If you search for this question there are various posts with theories. I think the leading theories 1) are a layer or relationship with corrupt or incompatible JSON causes it to fail during creation and 2) a server timeout during download causes it to cancel (since large files tend to download more than smaller ones). I think a lot of people would like it if ESRI put a team on fixing this, if they aren't already. This is a critical feature for many people who work in remote areas. I know that we spend hours each season creating map packages to side-load because of this issue. Hopefully someone out there has some updated information on this issue.

Good luck,

Travis 

JosephHilliard94
New Contributor III

Thanks for your workaround, been a nightmare recently so appreciate the reply!

0 Kudos
JosephHilliard94
New Contributor III

Just to follow on if anyone is interested, the issue is that contingent values do not work offline. Thanks!