Select to view content in your preferred language

ESRI Field Maps Designer Issues after June 24 Update

06-27-2024 09:03 PM
AaronH
by
New Contributor

After the most recent update I was met with the "The layer contains one of more field names with SQL keywords and cannot be taken offline" and "Features with true curves cannot currently be edited in Field Maps" messages in ESRI Field Maps Designer.

I have toggled off the True Curves editing option in each of the data object properties and still return the same message. These have empty tables so unsure where it is generating that message from.

I have re-uploaded new shapefiles with updated field names (to not match SQL Keywords) and still it returns the message. With the shapefile being published I noticed that additional fields are created which match the SQL Keywords list (Creator, Editor, Global ID, Creation Date and Edit Date). These are unable to be deleted so assume they persist. The error message is generic in nature and does not say what field name is the problem.

This is disappointing as over the last couple of months have managed to establish a working product for our mobile devices, now it is unable to be updated. The same published layers/shapefiles were working fine before the update occurred.

Is this likely a bug where Field Maps Designer is viewing those newly created fields and identifying a conflict where it was previously allowed?

Also with regards to True Curves, is there a solution to this error as it currently affects line and polygon geometries?

10 Replies
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Regular Contributor II

I found and posted about similar issues here with offline maps. The True Curves message is just a warning though and can be ignored. It's only the errors that really need to be dealt with. I didn't get any SQL Key word errors so not sure about that one, though for me it was around needing the Creatore/Creation Date and Editor/Edit Date fields exposed in Hosted Views to enable offline use that wasn't an issue pre-update. 

@MaxwellDebellaESRI responded with it looking like a bug - maybe he can share some insights here too?

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
fitzpat_s
New Contributor II

Hi

For the True Curves error you need to go to the setting of the layer and set the true curve options as below. Clikc save and return to Field Maps Designer and refresh view - the error should have resolved.

TrueCurveClientEditing.JPG

I was also experiencing the SQL keywords issues Thurs/Fri last week but it seems to have resolved over the weekend.

GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

@fitzpat_s  Thank you!  This problem was driving me crazy.  

luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

Mine is already checked but I am still receiving the error message in Field Maps Designer? 

luckachi_0-1721840225993.png

0 Kudos
fitzpat_s
New Contributor II

Untick the second check box beside "Only allow true curve updates by true curve clients" 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
mtoadmcil
New Contributor

Able to work around the True Curve warning and found a suggested work around for the Errors related to editor tracking fields

Has anyone figured out a solution for the Error that a "layer contains attribute indexes with unsupported characters and cannot be taken offline" - the only attribute indexes that exist on the layer are ESRI generated index for ObjectID, GlobalID, and the 4 editor tracking fields (Creation and Last Edits).

I didn't generate these indexes, and even though I'm an admin I am unable to remove the indexes because they are locked

mtoadmcil_0-1720040111712.png

mtoadmcil_1-1720040143256.png

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor II

Hey,

Just worked with an Esri Tech yesterday to resolve the padlock vs the trash can icon.

Long story short, currently the only resolution is to export the layer as an FGDB, and then republish it. This means the existing locked layer has to be removed from any maps, and any joins, views, etc. will have to be recreated with the new published layer.

Luckily for us, I have only found a few layers that this functionality was locked, but we have scores of maps we are going to need to review.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

0 Kudos
AaronH
by
New Contributor

This issue was resolved after ESRI ran an update a few days later. As mentioned by others the true curve message can be ignored and the SQL Keyword Error message is now gone after the most recent update.

Field Maps is working once again which is a big relief as quite a lot of time had been spent configuring it.

0 Kudos