Encouraging Field Maps use over Collector

01-27-2021 05:24 AM
HillarySherrill
New Contributor II

With the release of Field Maps, we hope to transition users from using Collector to using Field Maps exclusively.  For content that was created prior to the release of Field Maps, only the "Use in Collector for ArcGIS" checkbox is present in the webmap settings.  Is there a way to have the "Use in Field Maps for ArcGIS" checkbox show in this older content so we are able to dictate which app it will be shown in (make it so they can't see the webmap in Collector)?

3 Replies
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hi @HillarySherrill,

I was wondering if you are using ArcGIS Online or Enterprise, and if you are using Enterprise what version? I was also wondering if you have tried to resave the map where the checkbox is not present?

Thanks,

Alix

0 Kudos
HillarySherrill
New Contributor II

@AlixPower we are using both.  I just took a look at the webmaps in ArcGIS  Online and it does look like the option is already there (and sometimes the only checkbox item even), I must have just investigated in the Enterprise environment and didn't think about them behaving differently, but I can see that is the case.  I opened a webmap using Enterprise and saved it but that didn't trigger the Field Maps box in the settings.  We are running 10.7.1.

0 Kudos
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hi @HillarySherrill,

In this case because it is a new feature ArcGIS Online is ahead of Enterprise. The checkbox is not available on Enterprise yet, but it will be available on Enterprise 10.9 when it is released at the end of March/early April. 

Thanks,

Alix

0 Kudos