Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing the form after creating offline areas in Field Maps

Jump to solution
05-19-2021 05:25 AM
MattHowe
Frequent Contributor

I've created two offline areas and made the map available in the Field Maps mobile app for users. I later wanted to change the layout of the form by adding groups as well as descriptions for each form item.

I can't seem to get the form to update in the mobile app. When I open it in the mobile app, I still get the old form layout. I've tried updating the offline areas and re-syncing to the mobile app.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MattHowe ,

You will need to remove the maps from the device and re-download them to get these changes. Sync only checks for edits in the data not in the schema. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MattHowe ,

You will need to remove the maps from the device and re-download them to get these changes. Sync only checks for edits in the data not in the schema. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
AndrewPadilla
Frequent Contributor

Is this still the case? If so is there any movement to have forms sync with offline maps?

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

HI @AndrewPadilla , this is indeed still the case and as far as im aware will not change. Sync, across the platform, is not designed to check for changes in the layer schema and download any changes. Modifications to the data schema will typically break any outstanding replicas. It is best practice to "check-in" all replicas and remove offline areas before making these types of changes. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
AndrewPadilla
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate your response.

Cheers,
Andy

0 Kudos
MattHowe
Frequent Contributor

Perfect thanks Colin.