Developer Options: Field Maps

Jump to solution
12-07-2022 10:00 AM
RyanDickinson1
New Contributor III

The picture below displaying the "Developer" form is from Field Maps. I stumbled across this on by clicking on my name in my profile several times. I haven't seen this documented anywhere. Does anyone have more secrets like this????

MicrosoftTeams-image (17).png

@GlenShepherd 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanDickinson1, yeah this was actually a "hidden" function in ArcGIS Collector as well, namely where you could find the ability to export troubleshooting logs from the retired map-centric mobile app.

In ArcGIS Field Maps, this is where we can find:

• beta functionality that is still being tested and you might find referred to when participating in the Early Adopter Community: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/key/ArcGISFieldMaps;
  • simulation options that one might use when employing the mobile app for presentations or troubleshooting;
  • some options that might be used when troubleshooting with Esri technical support; and
  • functionality used by the product development team when testing the mobile app.

There is no public-facing documentation for these that I'm aware of... I think the diea is to keep them hidden because they're options that can interfere with the BAU of the mobile app.  As I only work for the Australian distributor of Esri, I don't have any direct access to the product development team in the USA, but Esri Community might be a good place to reach out to some of them that post in the blogs section.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanDickinson1, yeah this was actually a "hidden" function in ArcGIS Collector as well, namely where you could find the ability to export troubleshooting logs from the retired map-centric mobile app.

In ArcGIS Field Maps, this is where we can find:

• beta functionality that is still being tested and you might find referred to when participating in the Early Adopter Community: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/key/ArcGISFieldMaps;
  • simulation options that one might use when employing the mobile app for presentations or troubleshooting;
  • some options that might be used when troubleshooting with Esri technical support; and
  • functionality used by the product development team when testing the mobile app.

There is no public-facing documentation for these that I'm aware of... I think the diea is to keep them hidden because they're options that can interfere with the BAU of the mobile app.  As I only work for the Australian distributor of Esri, I don't have any direct access to the product development team in the USA, but Esri Community might be a good place to reach out to some of them that post in the blogs section.

RyanDickinson1
New Contributor III

Thank you very much for your response Glen! I hadn't used Collector in the past and wasn't familiar with those particular options, they will be quite helpful. Thanks again!

gg7aph
by
New Contributor

How do I actually "simulate location" using these settings on an iPad?

Thanks

ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

@GlenShepherd ? any answer on the above?

0 Kudos
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Hi @ahargreaves_FW and @gg7aph ,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I've posted some instructions here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-blog/how-to-quot-simulate-location-quot-using-develo...

0 Kudos
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

Op.... nevermind, it got removed

0 Kudos