Select to view content in your preferred language

Create custom lists for several polygons in ArcGIS Field Maps

06-29-2023 12:54 PM
StNU
by
New Contributor

I am hoping to start using the ArcGIS Field Maps app for field work. I have a shapefile with several polygons that represent different field sites. I would like to create a custom list of species for each of these different polygons (i.e., species that have been identified at this location before) so that in future years I can check whether species that have previously been observed at this site are still present. Is there an easy way to do that or do the field have to be exactly the same for every polygon in a shapefile?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

If the schemas are similar enough between polygons you can merge them all into one big feature class, then use a combination of subtypes, contingent values and/or smartform conditional visibility to ensure your users aren't putting square pegs in round holes. Otherwise you'll need 1 feature class per shapefile, although you can put them all into one feature service to keep things simple. I use Enterprise Geodatabases for my work so you may have to find some alternate help files if your data is hosted but the theory is the same.

0 Kudos