Contingent values stopped working in Field Maps

Jump to solution
07-08-2022 03:57 PM
ScottPage
New Contributor III

I was excited to see contingent values are now supported in Field Maps, but I am having a lot of trouble getting them to work. I've set up contingent values in ArcGIS Pro across 3 fields. The contingent values work perfectly in Pro, but when I uploaded the layer to ArcGIS Online, the contingent values all say "value combination is invalid" for combos that should be fine.

The strange thing is that the situation has seemed to get worse over time, each time I try to fix it. At first, the values all worked fine but I noticed an error I had made in the contingent values, so I fixed it in Pro and re-uploaded the layer. Then, the contingent values only work across the first two fields (that is, a selection in the first field provides the correct options in the second field), but they do not work from the second field to the third field. 

Next, I rebuilt my contingent value files, deleted the field group in Pro and re-imported the values. They still work perfectly within Pro. So I reuploaded the layer to GIS Online, and now none of the three fields shows any valid value combinations.

I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottPage
New Contributor III

Problem solved, and likely bug found:

I was able to fix the issue by reexporting the entire layer in Pro, then importing the Contingent Values to the new layer, then uploading the new layer to ArcGIS Online. When in doubt, start from scratch, I guess.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ScottPage
New Contributor III

Problem solved, and likely bug found:

I was able to fix the issue by reexporting the entire layer in Pro, then importing the Contingent Values to the new layer, then uploading the new layer to ArcGIS Online. When in doubt, start from scratch, I guess.

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering
Occasional Contributor II

I just encountered this same issue while using a Portal-based WebMap in the Field Maps app so it isn't confined to just AGOL usage.  Did you contact ESRI support to log a bug?

DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello @ChristopherBowering and @ScottPage  We are seeing the issue also on a portal based webmap, what we are also seeing is that it is behaving with errors only on Android devices, but not on iOS devices.

Did you happenn to see the same thing? Do you have any case number or bug number or another workaround from ESRI Technical support?

0 Kudos