Contingent values not pushing from Pro to Field Maps

Jump to solution
06-20-2022 04:13 PM
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

I am attempting to use contingent values in Field Maps from a hosted feature service within the AGO environment. I've set up the contingent values in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3, and everything seems to be working fine in the Pro environment. However, when I publish to hosted feature service in AGO and then test in Field Maps, it reverts to the full domains, rather than the contingent values. I was under the impression that if I set it up in Pro, it should just "work" once I publish to AGO. Am I missing something?

When I look at the REST endpoint of the layer, Has Contingent Values = True. So that looks okay, but it's not propogating to the webmap or Field Maps.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

Ok, I got it figured out. Once I eliminated any contingent value with the double quote inch symbol ("), then it worked. So the issue was not limited to the quantity of contingent values, but apparently it was blowing up due to the (") symbol.

Not sure if this is a bug or a known limitation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

Update: I trimmed down my list of contingent values from ~270 down to about 20, then republished. Then Field Maps worked perfectly. Is there some sort of limitation in the number of contingent values within a given field group that can be supported in AGO? Again, it works just fine in Pro with the full list.

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

Ok, I got it figured out. Once I eliminated any contingent value with the double quote inch symbol ("), then it worked. So the issue was not limited to the quantity of contingent values, but apparently it was blowing up due to the (") symbol.

Not sure if this is a bug or a known limitation.

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

I'm having a similar issue where my contingent values aren't pushing to field maps. I have no ' " ' in any domains, I did have a ' : ' and ' / ' which I deleted, and republished and still got the same issue. I was so excited when I found contingent values but I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere.

when I look at the REST services directory it says that the feature has contingent values and they work in editing in the webmap viewer.

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

Have you tried updating your version of Field Maps? If you're still on an older version on the mobile device, that would explain why it works in the web map, but not in the Field Maps app.

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

We are up to date on the devices I have been testing with 

0 Kudos