Configure Field Maps Properties in your MDM with AppConfig

Jump to solution
06-24-2021 09:24 AM
Mandalorian
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm wanting to know if MDM AppConfig properties are available for configuration in Field Maps. I've seen some decent information for all of the other apps:

Survey123: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/configure-survey123-properties-in-your-mdm-with-...

Field Apps in general: https://www.esri.com/content/dam/esrisites/en-us/events/conferences/2020/developer-summit/mobile-dev...

But nothing on Field Maps. Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Mandalorian,

> ... if MDM AppConfig properties are available for configuration in Field Maps

Yes, ArcGIS Field Maps does support MDM configuration properties. Please review this help topic,

ArcGIS Field Maps - Mobile Device Management

FYI, a new technical paper on the topic of MDMs and the ArcGIS Field Apps will be published very soon.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi @Mandalorian,

> ... if MDM AppConfig properties are available for configuration in Field Maps

Yes, ArcGIS Field Maps does support MDM configuration properties. Please review this help topic,

ArcGIS Field Maps - Mobile Device Management

FYI, a new technical paper on the topic of MDMs and the ArcGIS Field Apps will be published very soon.

Hope this helps,

HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi @Mandalorian 

Additional to the Help topic Derek mentions above, you may also be interested in watching Dev Summit presentation: ArcGIS Field Apps: Working with Mobile Device Management Systems.

DerekLaw

Hi @Mandalorian

The technical paper is now available, New Technical Paper: ArcGIS Mobile Apps & Mobile Device Management (MDM) Support 

Hope this helps,

LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @DerekLaw 

I'm reading through the steps and parameters on the document linked here https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/android/help/deploy-your-map.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_F7DE2402BA8743E5... on this thread. 

My Question is I have an arcgis Online map that I want to link to.  I'm able to get the mapped link, but it still gives me the option to either click online or enterprise to login.  Can make it go directly to the Online link bypassing the need to click Sign in with ArcGIS Online?  I see there is an option to define your portal address to do this.  I just need to do this with ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @LindseyStone

I'm able to get the mapped link, but it still gives me the option to either click online or enterprise to login.  Can make it go directly to the Online link bypassing the need to click Sign in with ArcGIS Online?

I don't think this is currently possible in ArcGIS Field Maps (to bypass the sign in dialog), nor with an MDM deployment/configuration - sorry. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for Field Maps.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DanPearce
New Contributor

Has ESRI ever released more than the current key values for Field Maps app configs?  ESRI support keeps sending me the white paper to reference for the key values but I need additional key values.  For example I want to set the Collection Settings in Field Maps. 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @DanPearce,

Has ESRI ever released more than the current key values for Field Maps app configs?  

FYI, the latest parameters supported with MDMs by ArcGIS Field Maps are listed in this help topic,
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/ios/help/deploy-your-map.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_CC53DED5869D43EA8357...

ESRI support keeps sending me the white paper to reference for the key values but I need additional key values.

Apologies, we haven't had a chance to update the MDM whitepaper yet; with the info in the help topic above.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

@DanPearce collection settings can be configured via the Field Maps web app on a per-map basis as described here.  In many cases collection settings differ between maps, so this allows flexibility while still pre-defining values so each mobile user doesn't have to configure when signing in.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @HeatherMcCracken ,  @DerekLaw , @DougMorgenthaler , @ChrisDunn1 , @Anonymous User 

We're attempting to deploy FieldMaps via InTune and have the following set up:

1. A windows group named "Production",  with an associated App Config specifying "portalURL" is our production environment
  2. A windows group named "Stage",  with an associated App Config specifying "portalURL" is our stage environment

If a user is in the Production group and installs Fieldmaps they are immediately directed to our production portal. Excellent! 😎

However, if they are then moved to the Stage group the Stage URL is added to the list of potential portals FieldMaps can access but the Production URL is not removed.

Is this expected behaviour?

0 Kudos