Code: 3079 Domain already exists

02-24-2021 08:49 AM
MindyBurkett
New Contributor II

When I add a new value to a domain for a hosted feature layer then Field Maps errors with the error Domain already exists and the code 3079. Collector does not get this error.

The layer was originally uploaded from an Enterprise Geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro. I am able to modify existing domains using ArcGIS Online. I am not able to add new domains in ArcGIS Online because the button to do so does not appear. I cannot modify the domains of the Hosted feature service in ArcGIS Pro because it gives the warning "The domains for this workspace are read-only".

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Mindy

were you able to solve your problem with tech support?  I am experiencing the same type of issue, with a map service and web map that has been working for years... I do have an open ticket with Support as well but I am curious has how other users solve this issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello 

I believed I solved my problem related to the error 3079 Domain already exists. In my feature class, I had a Domain with a special character in the name (Yes/No as name).... I renamed to Yes_No , all my fields using that domain got updated, I refreshed my map service and I was able to load my web map in Collector and Field maps without issues.

Good luck!

D

drWood
by
New Contributor III

Do you know if a "." is considered a special character? I am running into a similar issue trying to deploy a new Field Map with revisions to our current schema design.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you've got any hosted feature layer views (HFLV) and made schema changes to domain values, I found I was getting this error in Field Maps. I'd edited some of the HFLV fields to be non-editable so they were no longer inheriting field and domain settings from the Hosted Feature Layer. This meant the HFLV was holding Domain values that were no longer valid and it was throwing this error. Unfortunately the message isn't very logical in this instance as it's actually the domain value NOT existing that is the issue.

If this is the case after making the schema update to the HFL, click the Data tab on the HFLV, click the Fields option, find the applicable field and click the 'Reset to source' option which then refreshes the domain values from the source feature layer.

0 Kudos
RebekahPolette
New Contributor III

Hello,

I was getting this error after adding options to a list. Can confirm the '/' was causing the layer to error. I removed and all worked fine again. 

Thanks for the hot tip!

0 Kudos