Clarification on the Map Viewer to use for Field Maps

Jump to solution
06-03-2021 09:01 AM
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

I need help figuring out which Map Viewer to use.  The help states:

"Caution:

If you're using ArcGIS Enterprise to configure the map with the Field Maps web app, you must use Map Viewer Beta when editing the map. If you use Map Viewer to edit the map, the changes you make in the Field Maps web app will be lost.

If you're using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 or earlier, see Configure the form in Map Viewer Classic."

But Map Viewer Beta is no longer Beta and now just Map Viewer.  So I cannot use Beta and this states changes to the Field Maps will be lost if not using Beta.  Our Enterprise is 10.8 and moving to 10.9 so Classic is a no go for us.  Can anyone enlighten me on which to use please?

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/android/help/configure-the-form.htm

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For Enterprise 10.8.1 and 10.9 you should use the latest available version of the "New" Map Viewer either Beta or Final (if available). If you use the "older" Map Viewer Classic with either of those versions, the form will not be persisted. When the next version of Enterprise (10.9.1) is available later this year, you will be able to use either Map Viewer or Map Viewer Classic.

For ArcGIS Online, both Map Viewer and Map Viewer Classic can be used and will persist the form.

Hopefully that clarifies it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For Enterprise 10.8.1 and 10.9 you should use the latest available version of the "New" Map Viewer either Beta or Final (if available). If you use the "older" Map Viewer Classic with either of those versions, the form will not be persisted. When the next version of Enterprise (10.9.1) is available later this year, you will be able to use either Map Viewer or Map Viewer Classic.

For ArcGIS Online, both Map Viewer and Map Viewer Classic can be used and will persist the form.

Hopefully that clarifies it.

MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

Thanks.  I guess they have not gotten around to changing the help topic yet.

0 Kudos