Can I only capture one point at a time in FieldMaps

Jump to solution
05-11-2021 12:14 AM
MetteMoeller
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I would really like to use FieldMaps to capture the location of our pipes for district heating when they are put into the ground. The challenge here is that I not only need the vertices for the line of the pipes, but at the same time I need to capture the locations where the pipes are welded together. It looks something like the screenshot I attached. 

With the GPS we use at the moment I can indicate what to mease at a give point, where I am standing through a number of drop down menues. So lets say I am standing at a point along the pipeline where two pipes are welded together. Here I would indicate that I am about to measue a point/vertex for the line (for the pipeline feature class) AND a point where the pipes are welded together (for the point  welding spot feature class). 

It looks like you can only capture one element at a time in Field Maps. But can I pause the collection of points for the line while capturing a point, where the pipes are welded together and then go back to capturing points for the pipeline I was registering? 

Thanks for reading my post. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  

Best regards Mette

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You would want to use Nested Features, but Field Maps currently doesn't support this functionality.

See the workaround:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/nested-collection/idi-p/1008218

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You would want to use Nested Features, but Field Maps currently doesn't support this functionality.

See the workaround:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/nested-collection/idi-p/1008218

MetteMoeller
New Contributor

@Anonymous User thanks - that's a great tip! That solved my problem. And thanks for the super quick reply 🙂  

0 Kudos