Calculated value that just shows up for information but does not go in a field?

03-31-2022 02:28 PM
Shadow03
New Contributor

I've created a custom form and I want to calculate a value but I want it to just show up for the field staff's information.  I don't want the calculated value to go in a field.  Is there a way to do that?  So for instance I want to show stems/ha.  I want the stems/ha to be visible and it will be based off of values they have input into fields.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not supported today. It's something we've been thinking about though. Would you want to just compute the value and display it like any other read-only field? Or do you need something else?

You can do this with an Arcade expression in a pop-up today though (if configured with Map Viewer Classic).

0 Kudos
Shadow03
New Contributor

I just want to compute the value and display it but not have it go into any field.  Doesn't sound like that's possible then.  Plus it's not configured in Map Viewer Classic.

0 Kudos
ajevans429
New Contributor III

Shadow03, I created an idea for this that you might be interested in giving a thumbs up... 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-ideas/ability-to-add-form-element-that-does-not-stor...

0 Kudos
Shadow03
New Contributor

Thanks ajevans429!  I gave it a thumbs up!!

0 Kudos