Select to view content in your preferred language

Calculated expressions stopped working

973
3
08-25-2023 11:14 AM
DamonBreen
New Contributor III

I have a series of 7 maps created for our 7 districts, and at the bottom of the smart form in Field Maps, there are three calculated expressions. One that generates a unique ID, one that looks at related tables and the parent feature to determine what "Class" the feature should be, and one that looks at related tables and the parent feature to determine what "Status" the feature should be. Until today, this has worked flawlessly for 8 months. In one of the 7 identically maps with identical expressions for the calculated fields, it has stopped calculating. I am also getting an error when clicking on the parent feature that I have never seen before. When I pull the data from the error log, it points toward a calculated expression in the pop up for the parent feature. I have removed that expression from the pop-up, and that fixed the error on the main feature, but the fields within the smart form are still not working. I've gone through the code in the expressions, and see nothing wrong. The "run" function within AGOL field maps designer still works correctly too. I have tried forcing a reload map and turned the expressions off and back on, and I still get the error. Was wondering if anyone has seen this happen, or if someone may have an idea of what to look at. I've looked at all of the "important" fields in the parent feature and the related taables to see if someone has entered some bad data, and I see nothing out of the ordinary. Very odd. If you have some kind of idea, I'd love to hear it. 

 

Thanks,

Damon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DamonBreen
New Contributor III

Update: It seemed that when I blocked out lines of code that pertained to one of the related tables, it fixed the issue, so I began to look at that table specifically. Then I got another error directly related to another related table and it stopped working again. Now I have noticed that when I open the map in AGOL, I can click on a feature, and view a related record, but if I click the same feature in the phone and try to view the related record, it is not there. It shows no related records even though I know there is one. Seems the related tables are not loading properly on the phone, but they are fine on AGOL. Has anyone seen this before?

 

Thanks,

Damon

0 Kudos
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

@DamonBreen Did you ever figure this out? I'm having pretty much the exact same issue. I am able to add points with calculated values and view related records in the web map in ArcGIS Online but in the Field Maps mobile app all calculated fields are blank (even extremely simple calculations that don't reference my related table). I can still see the related record for a point I created earlier in the mobile app.

Thanks for any insight you can share!

- Holly
0 Kudos
DamonBreen
New Contributor III

Yes and no. I put a request in ESRI and had a few video calls with a representative. They walked me through a few potential solutions to no avail. They had mentioned having duplicate domains referenced in the map and that is what caused the problem. They had me make a change to the affected domain and then remove that change, and the map started working again, but I don't know that I fully understood how that fixed it. If you are having the same problem, you might look through the domains in the map, and see if there is one domain named the same between a couple of feature layers. If so, and a change is made to one of these, it will mess things up. 

0 Kudos