Select to view content in your preferred language

blank form when using Field Maps 'edit multiple'

Jump to solution
07-31-2023 05:21 AM
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

I've configured a field maps app that is used by field staff to view pothole locations in the municipality and mark them as complete as they are filled. Field workers use the edit multiple option to update potholes on long sections of road with a few clicks rather than having to close them out individually. When accessing the application today, field workers still have the option to select multiple points but the form/list of attributes does not come up for them to edit while editing one point at a time still works as expected. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

SarahRijneke_0-1690805978982.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

I solved the problem by opening the Feature Layer in Map Viewer and saving it as a new map. I recreated my form in Field Maps Designer and copy/pasted the arcade calculate expressions from my original Field Map to the new one. The only difference I could see between the two maps was a single read only attribute in the new form. Field workers need to be able to update that field so I made it visible and editable. I still have no idea why the edit multiple button stopped working in the first place since the forms are virtually identical.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is a known issue where the form isn't used when multiple features are selected

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/field-maps-form-not-used-when-editing-mult...

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

That's a separate issue. My issues is that when I use the edit multiple button, select multiple points and then click the continue button, nothings comes up. In the screen capture you can see a white blank space under the editing 24 items text - previously this is where field workers would see a list of attributes to edit.

0 Kudos
EJCAdmin
New Contributor

Having the same issue today - did you find a fix?

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

No I haven't. I'm wondering if something changed with the June release: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/whats-new-in-arcgis-field-maps-j...

I don't think our field workers accessed the project for a while so I can't be sure exactly when this function stopped working. I made a copy of the project and changed some of the settings (I had set up some arcade expressions and wondered if that was the issue) but no luck so far. Please let me know if you find a solution!

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Good afternoon. I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with ArcGIS Field Maps. Have you made any changes to the map before having this issue? Can you go into more details on how you made a copy of the project? Did you create a new project in ArcGIS Pro and then published the new feature, did you make a copy of the feature in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise? 

Thank you,

Kerri

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kerri,

I added an arcade calculate expression to one of my attributes in the form before seeing this issue but field workers hadn't used the app for several weeks either so I don't know exactly when the issue began. I used the duplicate button in Field Maps Designer to create a copy of the app and tried to reconfigure a few of the settings which did not make a difference. I also created a brand new app from scratch (using the new map button and creating a new layer in Field Maps Designer), added points to the map in ArcGIS Online then tried to use the edit multiple button in the Field Maps app to make changes.

I've since submitted a request to ESRI support - hoping they will have an answer for me.

0 Kudos
KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

I'm glad to hear you have a support case open, that was going to be my next suggestion. I hope they can help you resolve the issue quickly.

0 Kudos
SarahRijneke
Frequent Contributor

I solved the problem by opening the Feature Layer in Map Viewer and saving it as a new map. I recreated my form in Field Maps Designer and copy/pasted the arcade calculate expressions from my original Field Map to the new one. The only difference I could see between the two maps was a single read only attribute in the new form. Field workers need to be able to update that field so I made it visible and editable. I still have no idea why the edit multiple button stopped working in the first place since the forms are virtually identical.

KerriRasmussen
Esri Contributor

I'm glad to hear it's working again. Something in the original map could have become corrupted and by creating a new map and new form you did away with the corruption. 

0 Kudos